What’s the worst you’ve ever seen a single player hold back a team?

patriotsheatyan

6 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

I’m going with my favorite pos....... JaMarcus Russell. He is the only QB I’ve ever seen that could throw fumbles in a clean pocket.

Brock Osweiler has done this before...

29 minutes ago, freak_of_nature said:

Probably. But they even won a playoff game with Fielder vs Manning's Colts. (which I attended)

That was the last time they won a playoff game. They ran into those buzzsaw Ravens who beat the Giants in the SB.

You mean the Raiders. They got shutout in Oakland 27-0 after the Colts win. The next season they lost to the Ravens.

24 minutes ago, warrenblue said:

Kyle Boller. Ravens wasted prime years of Ray Lewis, Ogden and Ed Reed with this bum

Boller/Wright, Fiedler, and Grossman held back some great defenses.

And I'd even add Randall Cunningham to that list with the late 80s and early 90s Eagles.

31 minutes ago, Elky said:

Not a player, but Dean Pees. Never felt comfortable with a lead with him running the defense.

Oh, if we're opening up coaches, Bill O'Brien is in the discussion. How many coaches can get huge performances from Deshaun Watson, DeAndre Hopkins, JJ Watt and Jadevion Clowney and nearly lose a game in OT to an undermanned Colts team? How many can lose to a Titans team down three OTs, an All Pro TE, and Blaine Gabbert? How many have an 0-3 record in games where Jacoby Brissett starts?

Talent wise, the Texans are a 9-7 or 10-6 team. With O'Brien, we are legitimately looking at a 3-13 season.

12 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Gus Frerotte? Look at that this roster...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/min/2008_roster.htm

Elite O-line, elite RB, elite players all over the defense. Yeah, they made the playoffs but damn, they should've gone much further.

Jackson was the starter for December and onward so I don't think you can pin that on Frerotte. I don't remember why they switched back to Jackson that season. I think Frerotte might have gotten injured in the @ Detroit game? I really can't remember what happened. 

When the Browns played Brian Hoyer against the Colts 3-4 years ago, the Colts couldn't cover anyone. Hoyer legitimately missed 5-6 easy TD throws in that game. Never have I seen a QB poop his pants more than that. The defense, run game, and special teams were on point. The WR's were open all day long. The QB was as bad as one could possibly have been that DAY.

DeShone Kizer had the worst SEASON in terms of holding a team back. We were in just about every game and somehow some way Kizer would find a way to throw it into quadruple coverage in the red zone or fumble it away. Horrendously unclutch QB who burned us so many times late in games. I know he's a rookie, but I don't know if you can fix THAT level of stupid.

And how about Zane Gonzales this year against the Saints? The bum missed 4 FG's, 3 of which were extremely routine. We lost the game by a FG.

33 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

Jackson was the starter for December and onward so I don't think you can pin that on Frerotte. I don't remember why they switched back to Jackson that season. I think Frerotte might have gotten injured in the @ Detroit game? I really can't remember what happened. 

I can't remember either but now that you bring up Tarvaris, I remember him having a really good three-game stretch in December that helped them get a wildcard spot. So yeah, I'm sticking with my Gus Frerotte pick lol.

11 hours ago, ET80 said:

Matt Schaub? Those Texans teams in the 2011-2012 seasons were scary good on defense, and had both Arian Foster and Andre Johnson at the peak of their careers. Schaub played well enough to not lose games, but of the Texans had a true franchise QB (like when Peyton Manning was rumored to want to join the Texans after his release from Indy) they could have done more.

good choice.  I'm going with Brock Osweiler however.  At least with Schaub we had a few productive seasons from him before he finally imploded.  Osweiler held our team back big time.  We went into that season with high expectations as a result we ended up trading our 2nd to get rid of him.

Archived