RamRod

Week 5 - Rams at Seahawks

2 minutes ago, NVRamsFan said:

Yeah but supposedly we got the benefit of calls today. Sometimes I wonder if people actually watched the same game.

The first TD to Moore should've been wiped out by illegal touching. But we won so I don't know why I'm complaining about bad calls.

The Rams won a tough road game. I didnt say this on here but I thought the Rams didnt have to make a statement win like they did last season at Seattle. I thought they just needed to do what it took to just win. Thats exactly what they did. I agree that the defense needs to clean some things up, but the fact of the matter is teams arent going to stop the Rams offense. Teams are going to have to match point for point and sooner or later the Rams are just going to tighten up in the 4th quarter to put the game away. As bad as the Rams defense is playing through the first 3 quarters, they have only given up 6pts total in the 4th quarter. That has to be deflating to the opposing team to know that the Rams are going to keep moving the football and scoring but at some point they just cant keep up. The Rams will eventually pull away.

I love how McVay has a grip on this Rams team. I questioned why he didnt go for it on 4th and goal on the 1yd line earlier. He went for it on 4th and 1 late to seal the win. The overall big thing I took away from this game is that people wanted to see the Rams go through a bit of adversity to see how they would handle it. Well today was that adversity and they handled it pretty well to be (5-0) and start to put the division to bed early. Now its about getting a firm grip on the NFC #1 seed or at least #2 seed to get a bye in the playoffs. Next week is going to be interesting as the Rams travel to Denver. We know what Hunt did to them last week and what Crowell did to them this week. Again its going to be Gurley all day next week in Denver. I just hope Kupp and Cooks are healthy and ready to go. 

One last mention of officiating. There was also this.

Yeah i was very surprised to have a 4&2. I though Gurley had converted the 1st down or were inch of 1st down.

But the referee screw us all night long. Is there a DPI on Gurley in the red zone that led to the INT ? I only saw the action once but i thought the DB jump on Gurley too early. 

15 minutes ago, Flounch said:

Yeah i was very surprised to have a 4&2. I though Gurley had converted the 1st down or were inch of 1st down.

But the referee screw us all night long. Is there a DPI on Gurley in the red zone that led to the INT ? I only saw the action once but i thought the DB jump on Gurley too early. 

It could have been. The DB grabbed him around the waist when he came out of his break. It was a 50/50 call. Marcus Peters got called for defensive holding later in the game for doing the same thing.

There was something very odd about this game. We had some dirty hits on our players that were ignored, we had some bad calls against us from start to finish. It seemed every time we got a sack there was some holding call in our secondary. 

But the thing that stands out the most is that McVay said in his post game press conference that his headset was cutting out a lot that was the need for the early time outs...not saying anyone was cheating but it all just seemed weird of you ask me.

43 minutes ago, Riftty said:

There was something very odd about this game. We had some dirty hits on our players that were ignored, we had some bad calls against us from start to finish. It seemed every time we got a sack there was some holding call in our secondary. 

But the thing that stands out the most is that Mcvay said in his post game press conference that his headset was cutting out a lot that was the need for the early time outs...not saying anyone was cheating but it all just seemed weird of you ask me.

All of this is very familiar every time we go up to Seattle. Mostly because Sneaky Pete is always yammering in every officials ear all game long

Think we just saw the death of the Hawks. Ugly game but happy for a win. So happy.

Just a tidbit from an NFL Fan here.  Good win guys, ugly but you know what, the guts the Coach showed believing in his team speaks volumes.  I'll be honest, I don't recall who I picked to go to the SB before the season (I'm sure as a Steeler fan they were one of them) but at this point I'd be very surprised if we didn't see a KC/LAR SB this season.

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

Think we just saw the death of the Hawks. Ugly game but happy for a win. So happy.

The Seahawks probably played their best game of the season and still lost. I said coming into the game that the Rams didnt have to make a statement like they did last season when they went to Seattle. They just needed to do whatever it took to win. What we the fans take for granted is the Rams played two highly motivated teams in the Vikings and Seahawks and the Rams still won. The Vikings got embarrassed by the Bills and they were determined to show the world that they arent as bad as they played against the Bills. They gave their best effort on TNF and the Rams still won. The Seahawks got embarrassed last season at Seattle when the Rams played them. They probably had this game circled all offseason. They gave their best effort and the Rams still won. Like I know the Rams have to clean things up on defense but to take the other teams best shot and still be standing at the end says alot about this team moving forward. The Rams are the best team in the NFL. After yesterday when the Rams had to overcome adversity and still won, if there was any doubt about who is the best team, then the Rams proved it. Cant wait to see the Rams go to Denver next week. Denver got ran over by Hunt two weeks ago and got ran over by the Jets this week. They are going to be focused on not letting Gurley run over them. I said this already, these three road games are going to be Gurley time. Well he lit up Seattle for over 100yds from scrimmage and 3 tds. I think he is going to have another big day in Denver. 

19 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Just a tidbit from an NFL Fan here.  Good win guys, ugly but you know what, the guts the Coach showed believing in his team speaks volumes.  I'll be honest, I don't recall who I picked to go to the SB before the season (I'm sure as a Steeler fan they were one of them) but at this point I'd be very surprised if we didn't see a KC/LAR SB this season.

Thanks! Yesterday was the kind of game that under Fisher we would have folded and never made the second half close. McVay has the team first and family feeling in the locker room and it's impressive. As for that Super Bowl I think it might end up being the highest scoring game ever if it happens.

Best of luck the rest of the way out.

Flew out for the game and man is that stadium loud. Their fans for the most part were respectful. One guy was a ******, but that's expected. The blown calls didn't make hostilities any better because my cousin and I were going nuts on the obvious ones like Cooks hit, Gurley short spot, and the Moore TD they didn't even replay in the stadium.  Happy to get out of an ugly game with a win in that environment; it's the stuff champions are made of.

9 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Flew out for the game and man is that stadium loud. Their fans for the most part were respectful. One guy was a ******, but that's expected. The blown calls didn't make hostilities any better because my cousin and I were going nuts on the obvious ones like Cooks hit, Gurley short spot, and the Moore TD they didn't even replay in the stadium.  Happy to get out of an ugly game with a win in that environment; it's the stuff champions are made of.

I've always wanted to go to a game out there at the Clink. Looks like one hell of a fun environment.