2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

4 hours ago, flyguy1609 said:

White Sox acquired RHP Alex Colome from the Mariners for C Omar Narvaez.

Colome had been lined up to close for Seattle assuming their trade of Edwin Diaz went through. He's still a candidate for saves in Chicago, although the White Sox have financial incentive to use Nate Jones in that role since his salary is already locked in for the next few years. Colome is projected by MLB Trade Rumors to make $7.3 million in his second year of arbitration eligibility.

Narvaez has been a 270/365 guy the last two years.

He will DEFINATELY be a 220/290 guy next year. Bank on it.

51 minutes ago, flyers0909 said:

I like the trade for us, with Mejia ready to start next year Gomes was expendable.

tenor.gif

Gave you one like. Want to give you a million more. My first thought when I heard the trade was why would you trade Mejia if you were willing to part with Gomes.

1 minute ago, mse326 said:

Gave you one like. Want to give you a million more. My first thought when I heard the trade was why would you trade Mejia if you were willing to part with Gomes.

Yep that deal never made sense and somehow gets worse. You're the Indians, you know you have to cut payroll, so you trade an MLB ready prospect at a spot you desperately need? C'mon man.

6 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep that deal never made sense and somehow gets worse. You're the Indians, you know you have to cut payroll, so you trade an MLB ready prospect at a spot you desperately need? C'mon man.

Plus money seems to be the problem right now. Hand is only $1-2 million less than Gomes and at best they provide the same value. So you basically traded Mejia for $2 million a year in cap relief.

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Or have him change his stupid approach. There's no reason he should be trying to lift the ball as much as he does. 

he should do nothing more than slap the ball to short or second. Maybe with some bunts thrown in there. Always an adventure with his speed.

14 minutes ago, mse326 said:

he should do nothing more than slap the ball to short or second. Maybe with some bunts thrown in there. Always an adventure with his speed.

Exactly. Watching him hit the ball in the air always pissed me off. He should Dee Gordon it.

Archived