2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

3 hours ago, GSUeagles14 said:

I mean, just because youre bearish on wright doesnt mean everyone else has to be. His stuff is nasty, if he refines control then he has legit #1 upside. And sorokas only 21 yet already has had shoulder issues, thats kind of a big deal. honestly riley and soroka with his injury questions seems kind of light for realmuto.

Yes, I’m outspoken against Wright and I have been since he was drafted, but I’m not the only one. I haven’t seen one publication that has Wright over Soroka, and that list includes BA, MLB, Knockahoma, and a bevy of no name Braves sites.

12 hours ago, devils1854 said:

Yes, I’m outspoken against Wright and I have been since he was drafted, but I’m not the only one. I haven’t seen one publication that has Wright over Soroka, and that list includes BA, MLB, Knockahoma, and a bevy of no name Braves sites.

im not saying theres not legit concerns with wright, but its not inconcievable that the team is higher on him than soroka, especially with the shoulder concerns.

Jerry Dipoto right now.

"I HAVE COME HERE TO TRADE PROVEN COMMODITES AND VALUE SALARY OVER PROSPECTS...…AND I AM ALL OUT OF PROVEN COMMODITIES"

Haniger and Seager are still around so any teams got a B- prospect and a 34+ year old with 60-80 million left on 2-3 year contract?

On 12/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, tom cody said:

I'm still puzzled that the Indians have Kluber on the market. I think aside from Ramirez he'd be their safest player. to stay there.

An update on MLB Hall of Fame Voting:

https://onedrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=F2E5D8FC5199DFAF!11134&ithint=file,xlsx&app=Excel&authkey=!ACeqm-knNxexBw8

Only early yet but Clemens at 75% is possibly good for his HOF chances. I think him and Bonds make it in by 2021 or 2022. 

Somebody want to explain Sadiel Lebron's ballot? He votes Pettitte and Sosa says if not for 10 player limit he'd vote for Bonds (also voted Clemens). Even if we ignore some other strange votes how is Bonds the one of those 3 left off?

1 hour ago, mse326 said:

Somebody want to explain Sadiel Lebron's ballot? He votes Pettitte and Sosa says if not for 10 player limit he'd vote for Bonds (also voted Clemens). Even if we ignore some other strange votes how is Bonds the one of those 3 left off?

tumblr_n431q3CBKE1s49x9io1_250.gif

Rumor is the Reds are pretty serious about pursuing Dallas Keuchel.  His ground ball rate was down some last year (although still one of the better ones in the league), but if he can get back to his career norms for ground ball rate he's a perfect fit for Great American Smallpark.

Archived