2018 MLB Hot Stove Thread

Eagles27

6 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Not Hot Stove related, but Luis Valbuena and Jose Castillo's deaths over the weekend were the result of being ambushed on the road by bandits trying to get money and whatever valuables they could just to eat. Ugly situation in every imaginable aspect.

Yep. I don't know if you can say "luckily" or "good thing" here but they caught the 4 guys responsible for throwing the rock onto the highway. The Venezuelan commissioner has now banned players from driving in private vehicles. Said they all have to be on the team buses. 

57 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

Keuchel is not good anymore. 

Not as good but I'll gladly take his potential as the #3 pitcher on our staff. With Sevy and Paxton we can afford to take a shot at Dallas. Best case scenario he returns to Ace form and we have 3 tremendous pitchers. Worst Case scenario we get a good #3 pitcher. I'll take that risk every day.

Definitely like Keuchel more than I like Corbin. Don't get me wrong I like Corbin. He is a Syracuse native however he has been very up and down through his career and that worried me. Last thing I'd want is to have another Sonny Gray situation.

1 minute ago, mission27 said:

2015 was a career year.  Keuchel is still a good pitcher.  He's never going to be that guy anymore.

I think he would be a solid choice for other organizations but I feel he's just another guy you throw out as the SP matchup underdog in the playoffs. Id probably rather have him than any other FA SP but I strongly don't want any of them.

36 minutes ago, crab1106 said:

I think he would be a solid choice for other organizations but I feel he's just another guy you throw out as the SP matchup underdog in the playoffs. Id probably rather have him than any other FA SP but I strongly don't want any of them.

I guess the question is who is our #5 starter.  Keuchel is an upgrade over whoever that is. 

And I'd probably rather start him in the playoff than CC tbh.  But either way, it'd be nice to have one of CC or Keuchel out of the pen as a swing man.

Archived