Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Dolphins cut DT Jordan Phillips, former 2nd round pick; Claimed by Bills

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Phillips was claimed by the Bills. Can't say I'm surprised that he was claimed by a division rival. Buffalo already has a pretty stout defensive front though, so I'd say his liklihood of seeing playing time there is slim to none... if he even hangs on the roster for more than a couple weeks.

My guess is Joe Shoen played a big part in this and now the Bills can have Harrison Phillips focus solely on backing up Kyle Williams.

Edited by Trentwannabe

16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

My guess is Joe Shoen played a big part in this and now the Bills can have Harrison Phillips focus solely on backing up Kyle Williams.

Well yeah, I'd hope that your assistant GM played a big part in the decision to claim a player. :P

In all seriousness, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well yeah, I'd hope that your assistant GM played a big part in the decision to claim a player. :P

In all seriousness, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

He will be a nice addition to the rotation for the bills not expect him to be starter material but will fill in on the dline. 

18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Phillips was claimed by the Bills. Can't say I'm surprised that he was claimed by a division rival. Buffalo already has a pretty stout defensive front though, so I'd say his liklihood of seeing playing time there is slim to none... if he even hangs on the roster for more than a couple weeks.

1. Miami cuts Ajayi
2. Philly claims Ajayi
3. Philly wins Superbowl

1. Miami cuts Phillips
2. Buffalo claims Phillips
3. ??

15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

1. Miami cuts Ajayi
2. Philly claims Ajayi
3. Philly wins Superbowl

1. Miami cuts Phillips
2. Buffalo claims Phillips
3. ??

I see where you're trying to go with this, but we traded Ajayi, he was never released.

2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I see where you're trying to go with this, but we traded Ajayi, he was never released.

You're right - I should've used the term "jettisoned"

They got rid of a malcontent. Supposedly Miami had been quietly shopping Phillips early this season but I don't know if I buy that rumor, seems to convenient to come out now.

He looked good for us in his debut. Made a couple nice plays. Better than the depth we had that prior.