Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
TheKillerNacho

Dolphins cut DT Jordan Phillips, former 2nd round pick; Claimed by Bills

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Phillips was claimed by the Bills. Can't say I'm surprised that he was claimed by a division rival. Buffalo already has a pretty stout defensive front though, so I'd say his liklihood of seeing playing time there is slim to none... if he even hangs on the roster for more than a couple weeks.

My guess is Joe Shoen played a big part in this and now the Bills can have Harrison Phillips focus solely on backing up Kyle Williams.

Edited by Trentwannabe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

My guess is Joe Shoen played a big part in this and now the Bills can have Harrison Phillips focus solely on backing up Kyle Williams.

Well yeah, I'd hope that your assistant GM played a big part in the decision to claim a player. :P

In all seriousness, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Well yeah, I'd hope that your assistant GM played a big part in the decision to claim a player. :P

In all seriousness, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

He will be a nice addition to the rotation for the bills not expect him to be starter material but will fill in on the dline. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Phillips was claimed by the Bills. Can't say I'm surprised that he was claimed by a division rival. Buffalo already has a pretty stout defensive front though, so I'd say his liklihood of seeing playing time there is slim to none... if he even hangs on the roster for more than a couple weeks.

1. Miami cuts Ajayi
2. Philly claims Ajayi
3. Philly wins Superbowl

1. Miami cuts Phillips
2. Buffalo claims Phillips
3. ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

1. Miami cuts Ajayi
2. Philly claims Ajayi
3. Philly wins Superbowl

1. Miami cuts Phillips
2. Buffalo claims Phillips
3. ??

I see where you're trying to go with this, but we traded Ajayi, he was never released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I see where you're trying to go with this, but we traded Ajayi, he was never released.

You're right - I should've used the term "jettisoned"

They got rid of a malcontent. Supposedly Miami had been quietly shopping Phillips early this season but I don't know if I buy that rumor, seems to convenient to come out now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looked good for us in his debut. Made a couple nice plays. Better than the depth we had that prior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×