Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Alex Smith and Jay Gruden HAVE to put up points in BOTH halves.

Or at least not take their foot off the gas. I mean, it's not like the Saints hung 15 points on the Redskins in the final six minutes to force overtime and then win last year ... oh wait ...

19 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I hate MNF games for many reasons. We have to wait, we stink in prime time and I have to stay up late. I hope the Skins come out hungry and with a good game plan. Also,hopefully the division rivals all lose on Sunday ?

Hope springs eternal I see ...

Just now, MikeT14 said:

Or, you know, make halftime adjustments, have a better plan for that, and not try and just eat clock and punt. But your way might work too.

Why do I fear that the midfield pass is more likely to happen?

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Or, you know, make halftime adjustments, have a better plan for that, and not try and just eat clock and punt. But your way might work too.

Cooley said for years that there only a few minutes that the coaches have to make adjustments at half time for the players.  He said the players have like 20 minutes, they usually go to the bathroom and then the coach says something to them.

Bottomline is, adjustments are and need to be made on the sidelines after each series. That’s why they have the iPads and why the positon coaches talk to each of their groups on the sidelines. That’s the adjustments that are key, the “halftime adjustments” phrase is basically just malarkey. 

Archived