Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

36 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Well with Ingram back along with Kamara along with Brees and Mike Thomas who is the Anti Doctson!!! I see no way we keep up unless AP and Thompson and Reed Combine for about 275 yards of offense atleast. Also our defense is going to have to be on their toes sideline to sideline but the best start to slowing them down I believe will be finding a way to stuff their backs early!! That said unless we magically find some pass catchers not named Thompson and Reed I don’t see us winning even if the defense can keep it close. I’d love to see a statement defensive performance but you can never expect that against the saints

We should’ve beat them last year and their defense was playing better last year.  I think it’s key for our D to continue to be stout again, we can’t have Norman & Swearinger blowing coverages though like they’ve done a few times over the last few years. 

Last year, Doctson had a decent game vs the Saints, so I’m hopeful this is his break out game. If not, Crowder, CT, Reed and Prich can abuse any defense as long as Alex gets the ball in their hands, and he will. Our O has yet to have a total in sync game w/ the passing game because of the new qb and new starting WR, I have to believe that’s coming soon... no place to do it better than in a dome!

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

So-- where is Doctson. Missed Wednesday practice . Guess he has another Boo-boo :(

I heard they had some scheduled veteran off days, which seems weird coming off a bye but apparently CT had one. So perhaps he was getting a vet day off. 

Just guessing

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

We should’ve beat them last year and their defense was playing better last year.  I think it’s key for our D to continue to be stout again, we can’t have Norman & Swearinger blowing coverages though like they’ve done a few times over the last few years. 

Last year, Doctson had a decent game vs the Saints, so I’m hopeful this is his break out game. If not, Crowder, CT, Reed and Prich can abuse any defense as long as Alex gets the ball in their hands, and he will. Our O has yet to have a total in sync game w/ the passing game because of the new qb and new starting WR, I have to believe that’s coming soon... no place to do it better than in a dome!

Oh I agree but it’s pretty much do or die for Doc!!! I’m not one to give up on a talented player but Doc has to give this team a new dimension!!! This wait for this player can’t continue or we have to find a way to get Harris reps because he can go get the ball too!!

16 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Oh I agree but it’s pretty much do or die for Doc!!! I’m not one to give up on a talented player but Doc has to give this team a new dimension!!! This wait for this player can’t continue or we have to find a way to get Harris reps because he can go get the ball too!!

Yeah, Harris or Floyd could see some reps if Doctson isn’t getting open/targeted.

4 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Yeah, Harris or Floyd could see some reps of Doctson isn’t getting open/targeted.

Yeah and it’s sad because the guys talent hasn’t translated!! I hope they force him the ball throw it up and if he can’t go get it find someone that will

9 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

Yeah and it’s sad because the guys talent hasn’t translated!! I hope they force him the ball throw it up and if he can’t go get it find someone that will

He’s talented but not a precise route runner and it’s hard to be a successful WR in the NFL if you’re not a precise route runner. 

Watching the Colts, how the Redskins lost to them I have no idea? They absolutely suck. But we’ve been dropping games like this throughout Jays entire tenure. Play a crappy team but come out completely flat and lose. Such a missed opportunity to start 3-0. 

On 10/4/2018 at 11:31 PM, MKnight82 said:

How does a professional football player not practice with a bruised heel?  Like seriously, man up.

JW, have you ever had one? It’s kinda like a toe injury, ppl are like heck, it’s just a toe! But, try walking with a jacked up toe let alone running, and it hurts like crazy, probably requires a cortisone shot.

I hurt my heel or got plantar fasciitis 2.5 years ago and if I go jogging, or walk for a few miles on my feet, my left heel hurts me for days after. It hurts like hell, straight pain with every step.  And this is coming from a guy who’s dislocated his knee cap 3 times and had it sit out of place for an hour or so until a doctor could put my leg back in place.   

I don’t mind him missing a practice as long as it helps him be more healthy for the game and he can hopefully have a game like he had last year in NO with maybe even a few more catches.

I've had a bruised heel before too from landing on the base funny in softball. It was actually pretty hard to walk the next day to be honest. Depending on when this happened (like that day or night before), I have a little sympathy. It just bothers me who it happened to. 

15 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Watching the Colts, how the Redskins lost to them I have no idea? They absolutely suck. But we’ve been dropping games like this throughout Jays entire tenure. Play a crappy team but come out completely flat and lose. Such a missed opportunity to start 3-0. 

Couldn’t run the ball inside with AD and instead of trying outside zone/sweep/pitches to make their DTs run side to side, Gruden abandoned the run.

Archived