Week 5: New Orleans Saints - MNF

Ghostnote

Have to find a way to slow down Kamara the rest you can live with having a good game. I'd like to hit him any time he comes out of the backfield. Have Allen and the front 7 jam him every time he attempts to come out of the back field to run a route and make the priority knocking him on the ground when he is blocking in pass pro so he can't chip and get a dump off. Our defense is good, I'll take our chances making them convert long drives.

1 hour ago, rizzy said:

Have to find a way to slow down Kamara the rest you can live with having a good game. I'd like to hit him any time he comes out of the backfield. Have Allen and the front 7 jam him every time he attempts to come out of the back field to run a route and make the priority knocking him on the ground when he is blocking in pass pro so he can't chip and get a dump off. Our defense is good, I'll take our chances making them convert long drives.

I’d give a body part to see Norman get a pick 6! ? 

On 10/4/2018 at 8:45 PM, lavar703 said:

Watching the Colts, how the Redskins lost to them I have no idea? They absolutely suck. But we’ve been dropping games like this throughout Jays entire tenure. Play a crappy team but come out completely flat and lose. Such a missed opportunity to start 3-0. 

They control the line of scrimmage. We as usual had no QB pressure only 1 sack vs their 3 sks.  Colts had over 100 yds running the ball vs our 50 yds rushing ? We could not throw the ball deep mainly b/c the Colts played a tampa 2 and a cover 3 scheme. TO's especially the Reed fumble. Speaking of missed opportunities yeap I would say we did miss some opportunities in the game (Reed fumble was one). I think we toke the Colts lightly maybe that's the reason we came out flat ( that's coaching). In a close game like this one all the aforementioned make a big difference. The Colts have some good youth.

13 hours ago, 4209 said:

They control the line of scrimmage. We as usual had no QB pressure only 1 sack vs their 3 sks.  Colts had over 100 yds running the ball vs our 50 yds rushing ? We could not throw the ball deep mainly b/c the Colts played a tampa 2 and a cover 3 scheme. TO's especially the Reed fumble. Speaking of missed opportunities yeap I would say we did miss some opportunities in the game (Reed fumble was one). I think we toke the Colts lightly maybe that's the reason we came out flat ( that's coaching). In a close game like this one all the aforementioned make a big difference. The Colts have some good youth.

The main reason we lost the Colts game was because we didn’t execute when we got near the red zone on O or D. It was shades of most games from 2015-2017. Yes, Luck played pretty well, especially on those 3 scoring drives. We put up a lot of yards, didn’t give up many yards but just didn’t execute in the red zone on either side of the ball.

The Reed fumble as you said, a few WR drops 1. Doc (not counting the one which would’ve been a TD bc it would’ve been nearly impossible), 2. PRich and Alex overthrowing Crowder for a probable TD were huge in leading to our lost. Scoreboard looks like we got blown out, in reality a handful of plays - counting both sides of the field - cost us the game.

Our running D wasn’t great, but again it was mostly good, it was just a few played that got us by Jordan Wilkins. We shut down Marlon Mack.

Wilkins had 10 carries for 60 yards, 18 of those carries came on one rush where I think we missed a tackle or 2. W/o that 18 yd rush, he would’ve just had an avg day w/ 4.6 ypc.

Archived