Mid Iowa

Ingram is back! How does he do?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. How many yards does Ingram amass?

• Soft) Under 50 rushing and under 25 receiving
    • Safe prediction) 50-100 rushing and 25-50 receiving
    • Wowzers) Over 100 rushing and over 50 receiving
    • Bold prediction --> 250+ all purpose yards

Monday night will be the first game Mark Ingram's played (aside from preseason) since that damn game in Minnesota last season.

We know he'll be a bit rusty, so what are your predictions on his performance?

We've never experienced this before with Ingram, so we don't know, will he come off like a raging bull? Soft? Will Payton limit him or load him?

I think we ease him back into the lineup. Kamara is on fire right now, and I think we mostly continue to ride that hot hand this week with a bit more of the backup RB sprinkled in than the past few weeks as Ingram is obviously a much better choice than what we've had to start the year. If I had to guess I'd say Ingram has around 10 touches this week.

27 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I think we ease him back into the lineup. Kamara is on fire right now, and I think we mostly continue to ride that hot hand this week with a bit more of the backup RB sprinkled in than the past few weeks as Ingram is obviously a much better choice than what we've had to start the year. If I had to guess I'd say Ingram has around 10 touches this week.

I'd go with about 15 touches as we look to establish more of the running game than in previous weeks.  Say 12 carries 3 catches with Kamara hitting 14 carries and 5 catches.

40 minutes ago, Raves said:

I'd go with about 15 touches as we look to establish more of the running game than in previous weeks.  Say 12 carries 3 catches with Kamara hitting 14 carries and 5 catches.

Very possible, I suppose the driving factor will be how our defense performs. If they hold up and the game doesn't turn into a shootout then yeah I could certainly see about 15 touches for Ingram as we establish the run. If we are in a high scoring game I think Kamara takes most of the carries, and limits Ingram's touches. 

I like all of these comments.

Even though Kamara is hot right now, the guy needs a bit of a break. He's at 91 touches so far, and I think that's too much. If we can get back to wearing down other D's with TWO backs, and keep their legs a bit more fresh, I think the impact will be much greater, as we saw last season.

That said, Payton will do just the opposite, because I swear to God he reads my opinions and does the exact opposite.

Archived