Bakhtiari next contract

soup's not a meal

Just wanted to hear your guys thoughts on our future plans with him? I think he's been absolutely incredible again this season and just turned 27. He's arguably the best LT in the league and we will need to compensate him for it but I believe he's worth it.

Thoughts/ball park of what he may demand? Solder is getting 15 mil a year and isn't half the player Bak is...

34 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

That he's got two years after this one and I'm grateful for it.

This allot of folks thought TT overspent at the time not thinking about how this looks in the later years. TT was good at getting out in front of these often enough lets hope Gute and CO carry on in the same manner. Bahk seems like a guy that would take the right deal to be here and finish his career in GB.

31 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

This allot of folks thought TT overspent at the time not thinking about how this looks in the later years. TT was good at getting out in front of these often enough lets hope Gute and CO carry on in the same manner. Bahk seems like a guy that would take the right deal to be here and finish his career in GB.

I was on that train.  We had just drafted Spriggs, who was supposed to be a very good LT.  Up to that point, Bahktiari had been middle of the road.  The cheaper option would have been Spriggs on the rookie deal.  Then Bahktiari became amazing.  Glad I wasn't making the decisions!

If you look back, it was literally close to 90% of this board that didn't want to give Bakhtiari a second contract.  HorizontoZenith was one of only about three people here who really wanted to re-sign him.  This happens all the time.  It's going to happen with Clinton-Dix, too.  Nobody is going to want us to re-sign him, we're going to sign him to a contract that nobody will like, then he will show us all exactly why we re-signed him and the deal will look like a steal. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

If you look back, it was literally close to 90% of this board that didn't want to give Bakhtiari a second contract.  HorizontoZenith was one of only about three people here who really wanted to re-sign him.  This happens all the time.  It's going to happen with Clinton-Dix, too.  Nobody is going to want us to re-sign him, we're going to sign him to a contract that nobody will like, then he will show us all exactly why we re-signed him and the deal will look like a steal. 

You didnt just refer to yourself in the 3rd person did you?

13 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

You love to over-dramatize, and your memory recall seems more like mine should be (67 this month).  I was happy we got Bakhtiari (at the time - not with hindsight) and had no problem with the contract. I'm pretty sure there were plenty of others like me, as well. Also, why are you referring to HorizontoZenith as another person ? Do you have more than one person living in there ? It would explain a lot.

Very often those that approve of an action say nothing, because nothing needs to be said - a whole bunch of silent approvers.

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

" I love me some me. "

̶T̶e̶r̶r̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶O̶w̶e̶n̶s̶ ̶̶  Outpost31

9 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

You love to over-dramatize, and your memory recall seems more like mine should be (67 this month).  I was happy we got Bakhtiari (at the time - not with hindsight) and had no problem with the contract. I'm pretty sure there were plenty of others like me, as well. Also, why are you referring to HorizontoZenith as another person ? Do you have more than one person living in there ? It would explain a lot.

Very often those that approve of an action say nothing, because nothing needs to be said - a whole bunch of silent approvers.

Happy October Birthday 1265.

Archived