Week 5: New York Giants @ Carolina Panthers

Acgott

What a heartbreaker....Painful to watch.

They fought their tails off on both sides.  The O line struggled early on but we finally got to see what Eli can do when given the time, unfortunately I don't see this continuing.  Just an injury away from seeing the slug Flowers in a starting role again.  Defensively this team doesn't have the personnel to play the 34 defense.  Any word on when Vernon is set to return?  I think this front office tried to do too much this past offseason by fixing the line and switching to a different defensive scheme and it backfired.  JPP is having a great start to the season, would have been nice if the team stayed in the 43 as this is gonna be another long and painful season to watch.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

How long was the kick last year by the Eagles?   Same thing on last play of the game. 

61. I didnt expect to win this game but that's a terrible way to lose. I'm referring to the phantom penalty on Collins and the imaginary 1st down run that allowed Carolina to spike the ball that led to the field goal. We will see what kind of team this is next week. It's a divisional game and Shurmur and the team are fired up. We will see if we have anything in this team this year next week. The division is still definitely in reach. No one in the NFC east is playing well

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

61. I didnt expect to win this game but that's a terrible way to lose. I'm referring to the phantom penalty on Collins and the imaginary 1st down run that allowed Carolina to spike the ball that led to the field goal. We will see what kind of team this is next week. It's a divisional game and Shurmur and the team are fired up. We will see if we have anything in this team this year next week. The division is still definitely in reach. No one in the NFC east is playing well

Yea that Mccaffrey run looked short to me. Even on the TV it showed 4th and 1 when Cam spiked it. That was under 2 mins to go though right? No way Shurmer could have challenged it. Another failure by the refs. That Collins penalty is going to haunt me for a while. Defenses are already at such a huge disadvantage now they can't even attempt to make a play on the ball if a WR is? It hit Collins hands first.. he was in the best position. I have no idea what the NFL wants a defender to do in that scenario.

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

Love Odell, but while he made plays he also made costly mistakes that contributed to our loss. Muffed punt, drops pass on 4th and 3, doesn’t secure TD catch. He played a role in our loss. 

Definitely. But given that he and the rest of the team were able to overcome those mistakes and end up taking the lead late in the game will be a big confidence boost for this team going forward. If we can continue growing, I can see this team winning 7-8 games, which I would've been content with in the beginning of the season given how much of a mess this team was and how much turnover there has been.

Archived