Rank the Current Free Agents

WindyCity

3 hours ago, RunningVaccs said:

The safety conversation got me reminiscing, remember when so many people thought the Bears were drafting Jamal Adams?

Adams has been one of best players from that draft and Bears did right thing.

This is where Giants screwed up. They got a super stud, but top 4-5 is for QBs, pass rushers, corners and maybe left tackles or you trade for lots of high picks in today's NFL. 

Rest of guys just dont impact the game enough or are easier to find.

When Rams and Eagles traded up two years ago many laughed that they gave up too much.  The GM mock deals on this site were nowhere near that prior to those trades.  No one was willing to give up that much draft capital for an unknown rookie QB. 

Browns finally learned.  Game has changed. 

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

1. Amos

2. Callahan

3. Lynch

Altho truth be told we need to resign all three...not just for them as players but to create a culture...how often do we post mock drafts with 7 or 8 guys from other teams? How often do we hope we bring in the same in real life free agency? We need to show that we are going to keep and reward our talented guys and build from within...if we resign the guys we want to keep your olny looking at 3 or 4 mid-level or depth guys as well as the draft to stay competitive.

It is almost impossible that they are going to be able to re-sign all 3. At best they are going to be able to keep 2, but even that is going to be a challenge.

The money is going to be exceptionally tight.

Amos comparable contracts

Ricardo Allen [Not FA] 3 years 19 million
Kurt Coleman [FA] 3 years 16.5 million/6.2 guaranteed

Tony Jefferson [FA] 4 years 34 million/19.5 guaranteed
Barry Church 4 years 26 million/12 guaranteed

I think Barry Church [2017] will be closer to what Amos looks for plus a couple years of inflation.

37 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Amos comparable contracts

Ricardo Allen [Not FA] 3 years 19 million
Kurt Coleman [FA] 3 years 16.5 million/6.2 guaranteed

Tony Jefferson [FA] 4 years 34 million/19.5 guaranteed
Barry Church 4 years 26 million/12 guaranteed

I think Barry Church [2017] will be closer to what Amos looks for plus a couple years of inflation.

I would be very happy with $6.5-7 mil per year. He is solid and that holds a hell of a defensive backfield together, provided Callahan is retained.

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I would be very happy with $6.5-7 mil per year. He is solid and that holds a hell of a defensive backfield together, provided Callahan is retained.

That is not going to be likely. They likely have one 6-7/year deal at their disposal, so more than likely you have to choose.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It is almost impossible that they are going to be able to re-sign all 3. At best they are going to be able to keep 2, but even that is going to be a challenge.

The money is going to be exceptionally tight.

It's really not after cuts and the cap increase...plus none of these three are getting top money...Amos is a tier 2 guy...Callahan is an excellent nickel but not going to be paid big money because he is limited...Lynch has done nothing outside of Fangio...I feel your numbers are inflated.

6 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

It's really not after cuts and the cap increase...plus none of these three are getting top money...Amos is a tier 2 guy...Callahan is an excellent nickel but not going to be paid big money because he is limited...Lynch has done nothing outside of Fangio...I feel your numbers are inflated.

It really is. You can clean up the cap as much as you can and still only have 30 million with 37 guys under contract.

RFA/ERFA alone are going to cost 7 million.

Amos is going to command starting safety money which will be 6-7 million. 

13 hours ago, Sugashane said:

When we are paying Jackson 10/season because he looks like he is going to the Pro Bowl that would be 17 million invested at safety.

This team is not set up for that type of investment at safety.

7 hours ago, WindyCity said:

It really is. You can clean up the cap as much as you can and still only have 30 million with 37 guys under contract.

RFA/ERFA alone are going to cost 7 million.

Amos is going to command starting safety money which will be 6-7 million. 

Did you not see what happened to safeties this year? A SS who doesn't take the ball away is not getting that kind of money.

Here are some Lynch comps if he keeps playing well

Vinny Curry 3 years 23 million/11.5 guaranteed
Trent Murphy 3 years 22.5 million/10.3 guaranteed

Kareem Martin 3 years 15 million/7.5 guaranteed
Adrian Calyborn 2 years 10 million/5.5 guaranteed
Chris Smith 3 years 12 million/4.5 guaranteed

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Did you not see what happened to safeties this year? A SS who doesn't take the ball away is not getting that kind of money.

That seemed to be unique to this group of free agents.

The previous year there were 4 safeties who signed multi-year deals averaging more than 6 million a season.

I am not sure why Amos would take less than Kurt Coleman, unless the safety market is permanently in the tank.

Archived