Rank the Current Free Agents

WindyCity

14 hours ago, G08 said:

@AZBearsFan I really want to see him succeed (not only because he's on my fantasy team) but I truly am worried this power blocking scheme is not for him. I hope he picks up on it quickly, because he's been running behind zone blocking since college.

I’m with you, but as much as anything we just don’t have a reasonable alternative right now. 

I think people are looking too much into the power blocking vs zone blocking thing.

Jordan Howard didn't get to the NFL and have success by being pigeon holed in a certain run blocking system.

Everyone on offense is learning how to play a new system this year anyway so let's not just blame the lack of Howard's production solely on him.

6 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I think people are looking too much into the power blocking vs zone blocking thing.

Jordan Howard didn't get to the NFL and have success by being pigeon holed in a certain run blocking system.

Everyone on offense is learning how to play a new system this year anyway so let's not just blame the lack of Howard's production solely on him.

Why are we talking about Howard in a thread that was largely created to discuss Lynch, Amos and Callahan?

24 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Why are we talking about Howard in a thread that was largely created to discuss Lynch, Amos and Callahan?

Because while he isn't a free agent this year this would generally be the offseason he would be extended. If he would indeed be traded that would drastically increase the need for a RB in free agency or the draft as well.

11 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Because while he isn't a free agent this year this would generally be the offseason he would be extended. If he would indeed be traded that would drastically increase the need for a RB in free agency or the draft as well.

I just don’t know why this thread changed especially with a thread already made regarding Howard and his future

7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I agree with this for the most part. Over the last 2 years Howard has done some of his best work in the later months of the year (Nov-DEC) and that's a good thing considering the weather conditions around that time. Especially if we make the playoffs.

SEP = 6 games, 319 yards, 4RTD, 4.4YPA
OCT = 9 games, 848 yards, 2RTD, 4.4YPA
NOV = 6 games, 446 yards, 1RTD, 4.8YPA
DEC = 10 games,800 yards, 8RTD, 4.4YPA

So yeah some people may be looking into this too much right now.

However, his slow start this year is a little bit concerning when you factor in the ranked run defenses that he has faced thus far (27th, 17th, 12th, 22nd).

8 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I'm not so sure I'm buying this as a reasonable excuse though. Assignments for RB's don't change all that much from system to system and is by far the easiest position to adapt to in general--especially for those who are one trick ponies like Howard.

Unless of course you're talking about the blocking assignments up front...then that's a different story and there could be some truth behind that. But I don't know about that either because Heinstand's inside scheme is said to be the simplest to understand and digest for lineman.

All in all though, personally I'm not worried about the run game just yet until it starts costing us games.

While technically not a FA Karl Joeseph is looking likely to be traded, or at least that is what the thread title says   lol.

Might be able to get him for a 7th and a conditional 6th the following year. Has anyone actually watched him? I was a fan of his predraft but haven't followed him directly at all, maybe he is a miscast in that scheme or maybe he just sucks. Anyone know a bit on him? Or would the 1st round cap hit be way more than the risk?

Archived