Week 5 GDT: Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Team still hasn't ruled out Staley playing on Sunday, but I still think that they may opt to go the safer route and keep him out on Sunday. Guessing we will know today if he's able to go for practice. According to Barrows, Shanny got in at 5:40 AM to find Staley already there working out to get ready xD

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Team still hasn't ruled out Staley playing on Sunday, but I still think that they may opt to go the safer route and keep him out on Sunday. Guessing we will know today if he's able to go for practice. According to Barrows, Shanny got in at 5:40 AM to find Staley already there working out to get ready xD

Has a team ever had four starting OL with knee injuries at the same time? Not four different injuries. Four similar injuries. At the same time. Is Laken superhuman, as he's the only one whose knees are fine...

Buckner has been playing with extremely high pad level recently. Week one he had really good pad level on some plays and then on others he was standing straight up and trying to shoot between linemen with his swim move. Seems like most pass plays he's trying to go around guys rather than maintaining proper leverage and using the bull rush.

The bull rush is what sets up his swim move, because his length and strength forces guys to lunge at him, at which point he swats their hand away, side steps them and shoots the gap. That really seems to be the only secondary move he has right now. So in order for it to be effective, he needs to be more concious of his pad level early, so that the swim move will work later. 

Maybe part of that is he's getting reps on the edge, where pad level is less important and you have to get upfield more. Perhaps that causing his first step to be up rather than staying low, but either way he needs to figure something out because he simply isn't being disruptive enough. 

When is the earliest we can sign him to his second deal? He probably is cheaper now than he will be if he actually puts it together in a year or so. 

Wow, Sherman back this soon? Impressive, but he badly wants that Pro Bowl birth. Just hope he doesn't put himself in danger to make it worse.

So now the question is who starts opposite of him, Mabin or Spoon? 

Goodwin is out, so Garcon and Bourne starting with Richie James being the 4th WR. 

16 hours ago, straighthate said:

I think we’re not as bad as everyone thinks. We’re not picking in the top 5. Unfortunately I hope I’m wrong. We’re not good enough to be good but there’s just too many very bad teams. Cardinals are one of them. 

I suppose it depends on how bad you think we are. Do I think we are one of the worst three teams in the league? No. I think that belongs to Bills / Cards / Giants. Do I think we could be one of the worst 5? Yes, but I think the worst teams between like 4-8 are all pretty comparable, and I'd put us in that group. I think I'd take us over the Jets, so that would put us at 5. We will learn by the end of hte year if we are worse than Seattle. The Raiders have looked bad so far this year, and I'll say they finish worse than us because we get the benefit of playing Seattle and Arizona twice. Dallas is probably in our tier, and a team like Houston as well. All those teams are really just a jumble to be honest. I think we pick between 5-8. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Um, why is DJ Jones inactive? 

That better be injury related, otherwise that makes no damn sense. He's been playing well in limited snaps this year, and I kind of figured we were slowly transitioning from Mitchell to him.

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

That better be injury related, otherwise that makes no damn sense. He's been playing well in limited snaps this year, and I kind of figured we were slowly transitioning from Mitchell to him.

With all the position groups that have been ineffective or ravaged by injury, there's probably just a greater need to have some of the active bodies than the backup NT.

Archived