Week 5 GDT: Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

Just now, John232 said:

Agreed, Line is a concern but not a massive one. McGlinchey is a clear step up from Brown as an all-around tackle. Interior could still use work, but everyone is holding their own. 

It's the edge rush and massive gaping hole at FS. 

To me, it's not even a concern. Tomlinson has been fine at LG and Person is competent enough at RG. That's a position I'd eventually upgrade, but there is a lot of concern elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

That disaster will be in 3 weeks. I'm going to that game! Because...there's nothing better than travelling all the way across the country to watch CJ Beathard take on the probable 1-6 Cardinals with his own 1-6 team. 

You sure you want to?  It's probably going to be a freezing 70ºF here in 3 weeks.  Pack a hoodie!

1 minute ago, SoCalNiner said:

I really hope that Shanny cuts the cord on Saleh this offseason. Cards players were getting open without issues and Rosen just kept overthrowing. 

It's going to be interesting to see. One thing that I can say positively about Shanny so far, is they don't seem to fall into the sunk cost error/fallacy. They've cut "their guys" before or guys who haven't been able to step up. who once had prominent roles/reputations/draft pedigree. I wonder how much this will apply to staff members. Saleh is just not good at this juncture. He's young enough to where he might figure it out, but he has talent and he's not utilizing or assessing this roster correctly. 

2 minutes ago, SoCalNiner said:

I really hope that Shanny cuts the cord on Saleh this offseason. Cards players were getting open without issues and Rosen just kept overthrowing. 

Saleh hasn't been good but our defense was legitimately solid today. It is always going to be trouble without a good pass rush though. And we simply have one of the worst pass rush in the game which makes it extremely difficult for the back end. 

Breida should be good to go for next week at least.

6 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

That sounds lovely!

Not sure what your schedule is going to be like while you're here, but if you have free time and want to grab a beer, play some pool, or whatever you crazy kids do these days, let me know.  

Archived