Week 5 GDT: Jax @ KC

onejayhawk

10 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

May want to take another look since we acquired Dareus last year...

It's definitely better but it is still not at the level of your pass D I feel. Am I wrong there?

Looking only at the stats you guys average 4.0 yds per carry allowed since the beginning of the year which is fairly average.

13 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

It's definitely better but it is still not at the level of your pass D I feel. Am I wrong there?

Looking only at the stats you guys average 4.0 yds per carry allowed since the beginning of the year which is fairly average.

Definitely not as good as pass D. We have two all pro corners and a very good safety tandem. More so just mean they aren't likely to get ran over.

Watching games most teams haven't had much room to run for the most part. Barkley broke one big run against us, besides that he was largely held in check. Mariota a couple weeks back broke a few runs to seal the game and was more induced to running as he just came back from the arm injury due to Gabbert getting a concussion.

For all the attention PM II is getting, the running game is squarely in the middle of the league. People forget that a spread offense is often a lethal running offense. You can also kill speed by cutting against the flow. Also, Jax has a fast defense but no one they've played has our speed.

About the passing game, we learned at Denver that PM can handle a hot pass rush. He picked Pittsburgh's well-regarded secondary apart.

J

3 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Definitely not as good as pass D. We have two all pro corners and a very good safety tandem. More so just mean they aren't likely to get ran over.

Watching games most teams haven't had much room to run for the most part. Barkley broke one big run against us, besides that he was largely held in check. Mariota a couple weeks back broke a few runs to seal the game and was more induced to running as he just came back from the arm injury due to Gabbert getting a concussion.

Definitely not what I meant. But the fear I have is Jax jumps to a quick lead and suddenly Andy forgets that running the ball is a possibilty. He has around 3 games a year when he does that, and he hasn't really had one yet. And going 90% pass plays against that defense scares me a little haha. I feel we have a better chance if we stick by the run as long as we can

Just now, TedLavie said:

Definitely not what I meant. But the fear I have is Jax jumps to a quick lead and suddenly Andy forgets that running the ball is a possibilty. He has around 3 games a year when he does that, and he hasn't really had one yet. And going 90% pass plays against that defense scares me a little haha. I feel we have a better chance if we stick by the run as long as we can

Definitely read it wrong. I got ya.

From what I understand the Jags D is similar to 3 teams we have already played,  but the Jags are the best of those teams.  The good news is we are at home, and to some extent we should be well versed of what type of plays worked and which didn't and pick it apart as to the why.

Our D just can't give up the big plays, not sure how they are going to do it.  I hope we can pressure the Jags QB like we did with Denvers QB.  How will Bortles handle heavy pressure?

14 hours ago, valkrei said:

Our D just can't give up the big plays, not sure how they are going to do it.  I hope we can pressure the Jags QB like we did with Denvers QB.  How will Bortles handle heavy pressure?

Not sure if Sutton can pull this out of his a##, he's so full of sh^^. But for one game Sutton needs to be creative and scheme to get pressure on Bortles. This will help our DB coverage and may incite some turnovers.

1 hour ago, Centurion said:

I think this has the makings of a letdown game, but I admit that could come from a lifetime of being let down in these kind of spots, so my capacity to be astonished is still there.

I don't think KC letsdown at home. Pride and 12th man ya know. Besides, PM doesn't know how to "letdown".

4 hours ago, Centurion said:

I think this has the makings of a letdown game, but I admit that could come from a lifetime of being let down in these kind of spots, so my capacity to be astonished is still there.

I kind of thought last week would be a trap game for basically the same kind of emotional logic xD

35 minutes ago, Habbsawce said:

This defense is going to give me PTSD.

If you've been a Chiefs fan for more than 9 months, you already have it. It's OK, so do we. Being a Chiefs fan is like going to Pessimists Anonymous meetings. We're all in this together, but it probably won't get better.

10 hours ago, Centurion said:

If you've been a Chiefs fan for more than 9 months, you already have it. It's OK, so do we. Being a Chiefs fan is like going to Pessimists Anonymous meetings. We're all in this together, but it probably won't get better.

I hopped on board in the early 2000's with **** Vermeil et al. Don't worry, I have trouble sleeping at night like everyone else here.

Archived