Week 5 GDT: Jax @ KC

onejayhawk

2 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Definitely a rough downgrade. Might be the most survivable one though. Devey between Morse and Schwartz will at least be flanked by good players.

He looked decently competent in the few snaps I saw. Mostly run snaps, but he didn't seem like a liability.

Actually it's the first time i'm feeling quite comfortable about our O-Line. Erving is doing a good job so far. We'll see how Devey does, but i'm confident, that with him, Wylie and McKenzie we have at leats one good player who could fill in the hole. Especially looking forward, i'm interested in what McKenzie can bring to the table. He must have convinced the coaches during training camp, otherwise they wouldn't have let him stayon the roster. So he needs to have shown them enough progress so far. It will be interesting to see his developement during the next months until next season.

On other news, we signed Nate Orchard. I think he will our pass rush more than Zombo does. So hopefully a good signing.

Uh oh..

Chiefs RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (fibula, I.R.) also suffered a Maisonneuve fracture in his leg Week 5 and is now in doubt to return in 2018.

Coach Andy Reid admitted the injury is worse than the team initially thought; LDT was expected to be a return candidate in a minimum of eight weeks. His season is now in jeopardy. A Maisonneuve fracture is a spiral fracture in the fibula associated with a tear of the interosseous membrane.

On 10/10/2018 at 12:46 PM, Chiefs_5627 said:

Uh oh..

Chiefs RG Laurent Duvernay-Tardif (fibula, I.R.) also suffered a Maisonneuve fracture in his leg Week 5 and is now in doubt to return in 2018.

Coach Andy Reid admitted the injury is worse than the team initially thought; LDT was expected to be a return candidate in a minimum of eight weeks. His season is now in jeopardy. A Maisonneuve fracture is a spiral fracture in the fibula associated with a tear of the interosseous membrane.

Well it is the fibula. It's non-weight bearing mostly. I broke mine in a car wreck. They didn't even bother to match the ends together (surgery) and i've got a small knot there.  I think they could bring him back in 6 weeks or so, but maybe our replacement(s) do just fine.

Archived