ROQUANS 1ST QUARTER REPORT CARD

Hurricanes773

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2798375-1st-round-rookie-report-card-grades-at-nfls-quarter-mark

Seems National Media is higher on Roquan than Bears faithful... I wasnt a guy that demanded a trade of him for the holdout(I think players have to get everything they can Money and Language see Earl Thomas) However, i expected more splash plays from the former Bulldog. I like him sideline to sideline so far, but in coverage as much as he has been targeted I expect more hands on the ball. I love how he is not playing to his size in the middle. He appears more physical than Deion Jones between the tackles. 

I would have given him a B.

Drop the Grades and Comments

P.S. where is the weekly thread for the Dolphins?

Thomas was acting like a little b***h and already had been given a contract. He should have had honored it. He got his deal and cried about it at the end of the deal he agreed to. Just my 2 cents.

Smith has played really well. IIRC he has been washed out completely a few times but between the massive size of Hicks and Goldman, dominance of Mack, and DT's physicality it wasn't exposed when he had his few really bad plays.

All things considered I give a solid B+ for his limited playing time. He is flashing and will gain consistency in time. Future looks REALLY bright for him.

19 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Thomas was acting like a little b***h and already had been given a contract. He should have had honored it. He got his deal and cried about it at the end of the deal he agreed to. Just my 2 cents.

Smith has played really well. IIRC he has been washed out completely a few times but between the massive size of Hicks and Goldman, dominance of Mack, and DT's physicality it wasn't exposed when he had his few really bad plays.

All things considered I give a solid B+ for his limited playing time. He is flashing and will gain consistency in time. Future looks REALLY bright for him.

He is in the final year of his contract and players are almost never asked to play out that last year.  Teams go to players and ask them to take less money or be released.  I see no issue with players going back to teams.  

57 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

He is in the final year of his contract and players are almost never asked to play out that last year.  Teams go to players and ask them to take less money or be released.  I see no issue with players going back to teams.  

Ro me it doesn't matter of they "almost never" are asked to, the team has him under contract. They agreed to the deal and it was not bargained for a player option, so it is his job to show up. If the guaranteed money is out or there is a dead cap and they are released then the team and player agreed to that deal. It wasnt forced upom him. 

He has had his off-season of cryptic tweets, requests for a trade (Seattle entertained but did not get the value they wanted - So they have no obligation to let him go elsewhere), and sitting out of practices while healthy. That is what I mean by acting like a b***h, high school kids have that kind of childish behavior. 

6 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Ro me it doesn't matter of they "almost never" are asked to, the team has him under contract. They agreed to the deal and it was not bargained for a player option, so it is his job to show up. If the guaranteed money is out or there is a dead cap and they are released then the team and player agreed to that deal. It wasnt forced upom him. 

He has had his off-season of cryptic tweets, requests for a trade (Seattle entertained but did not get the value they wanted - So they have no obligation to let him go elsewhere), and sitting out of practices while healthy. That is what I mean by acting like a b***h, high school kids have that kind of childish behavior. 

It's always easy to comment on somebody else's money. Football players have dedicated their life since approx 10 years old to their craft. They dont get to drop classes, change majors, change careers like most adults. Most people don't really hit their prime in their career until 30, in a football players life 30 is almost the end of it all. Get as much as you can.

3 hours ago, Hurricanes773 said:

It's always easy to comment on somebody else's money. Football players have dedicated their life since approx 10 years old to their craft. They dont get to drop classes, change majors, change careers like most adults. Most people don't really hit their prime in their career until 30, in a football players life 30 is almost the end of it all. Get as much as you can.

I actually disagree. Most adults work far longer in a career than football players ever do in football and make a fraction of what they do. Your post shows 20 years or so, but many make 7 figures per year on average in the last 10.  More than many people make in their lifetime when they dedicate more than an NFL player does to their own craft. They literally can make massive sums of money and with any forethought can love off that and pursue any job they want. NFL players who have made a 7 year deal even once can pursue whatever job they want and not have to commit like most adults do. They should have the financial stability to enjoy that. 

I'm not complaining about their wages, sports are entertainment which is a feast or famine kind of field. Most people never make it to play at the college level, then few make ot past that. The top entertainers get bank, it is just how it is. But I don't have to feel bad for someone for working the last year of his deal that he agreed to. 

If SEA wants to give him the middle finger right back they can franchise him and trade him off or he can retire. I doubt they do but would be an entertaining twist in the drama. Lol

On October 4, 2018 at 5:17 AM, RunningVaccs said:

You know the players next chance to fix this is with s holdout in 2020 right? Right in the middle of the bears' window. You should suddenly find some pro labor feelings! Wish they had done it while the bears were confirmed ****ty, like 2 years ago

Been thinking about that for awhile now. Seems almost likely there will be a lockout or strike at peak Bears.  Que sera. 

On 10/5/2018 at 8:18 AM, dll2000 said:

Been thinking about that for awhile now. Seems almost likely there will be a lockout or strike at peak Bears.  Que sera. 

I highly doubt there will ever be a work stoppage in the league anytime in the near future. 

6 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Hope you are right.  Common sense would say no.  Crazy world though.

I think that one of the big, initial sticking points for the players will be Goodell's power in decision making, and the owners will cave to that almost right away...

Archived