Latest Broncos rumors.

Wolzen

57 minutes ago, Wolzen said:

Crickets.  2as hoping we find a CB to trade for. 

1) quality caliber corners aren't on the trade block every day. It's a valued position in todays NFL. Unless there is a headcase like a Marcus Peters which this team can't handle atm in my opinion. 

2) i thought our corners played well Monday night honestly are okay with where they sit. I think the coaches have to max the talent on this roster before Elway completely buys in.

3) if the coaching remains an issue I'd expect or hope for Elway to see the writing on the wall and become a seller at the deadline.  For instance I'm not sure if elway is planning to resign Roby or not if he isn't I'd rather trade him for a decent draft pick. I'd rather elway look in the mirror about the Broncos limitations this year. And coaching is top of the list. 

4 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

1) quality caliber corners aren't on the trade block every day. It's a valued position in todays NFL. Unless there is a headcase like a Marcus Peters which this team can't handle atm in my opinion. 

2) i thought our corners played well Monday night honestly are okay with where they sit. I think the coaches have to max the talent on this roster before Elway completely buys in.

3) if the coaching remains an issue I'd expect or hope for Elway to see the writing on the wall and become a seller at the deadline.  For instance I'm not sure if elway is planning to resign Roby or not if he isn't I'd rather trade him for a decent draft pick. I'd rather elway look in the mirror about the Broncos limitations this year. And coaching is top of the list. 

They didn't.

3 minutes ago, paul-mac said:

They didn't.

Yes they did at some point offense has to get a drive a put the game away. Other than that 2nd and 30 which was bad but the call by joe woods was bad they played well. No defense is going to be able to cover all day. We had to contain Mahomes in the pocket and get him to the ground .

Overall the corners were much better Monday .

4 minutes ago, 3Amigos_FOREVER said:

+1

I thought Pacman played well, too.

He was arguably the pick of the bunch. He played a lot of the time with Safety shade over the top of him, but most Corners do and with our pass rush, we are bound to play with (at least) 2 cover Safeties.

Just a shame the pass rush didn't help out against the Chiefs.

3 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

He was arguably the pick of the bunch. He played a lot of the time with Safety shade over the top of him, but most Corners do and with our pass rush, we are bound to play with (at least) 2 cover Safeties.

Just a shame the pass rush didn't help out against the Chiefs.

agreed about the pass rush.  However, to be fair, under normal circumstances, we would've have quite a few sacks.  I believe I counted about 4 opportunities where Mahomes' escapability simply bested the pass rush.  Our defenders (Ray and Von come to mind) were just a half step behind him at his feet, but sometimes you just have to tip your cap.  Mahomes just kept making play after play.

13 hours ago, 3Amigos_FOREVER said:

agreed about the pass rush.  However, to be fair, under normal circumstances, we would've have quite a few sacks.  I believe I counted about 4 opportunities where Mahomes' escapability simply bested the pass rush.  Our defenders (Ray and Von come to mind) were just a half step behind him at his feet, but sometimes you just have to tip your cap.  Mahomes just kept making play after play.

I think you're right to an extent, but Mahomes' escapability is well known. If he's making those plays in a muddied pocket, where our guys have kept him inside, then I can hold my hands up with no complaints. But crashing inside to give a free escape and gift 3 extra seconds to scan the field is just dumb when you've a QB of Mahomes' arm strength and athleticism.

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

I think you're right to an extent, but Mahomes' escapability is well known. If he's making those plays in a muddied pocket, where our guys have kept him inside, then I can hold my hands up with no complaints. But crashing inside to give a free escape and gift 3 extra seconds to scan the field is just dumb when you've a QB of Mahomes' arm strength and athleticism.

That and we kept sending an extra rusher off the LT allowing Mahomes to roll out to his right. Pass rush definitely let the secondary down.

56 minutes ago, broncosfan07 said:

That and we kept sending an extra rusher off the LT allowing Mahomes to roll out to his right. Pass rush definitely let the secondary down.

Just to add - I get we need to be unpredictable.  But to have Von in coverage...and other guys chasing Mahomes, sorry I don't think that's ever a good idea...especially on key 3rd/4th down plays.   I get that it's unpredictable, but that's a case of getting too cute.  I get sometimes he needs to get a breather, but if we are playing pass, Von's gotta be getting after the QB there, when Mahomes is the guy who's making the plays.  Get beat with your best stuff is a mantra used in baseball for pitchers - this is exactly the same idea, don't let your best players be doing other things than what they do best.

Woods called a great game the first 52 minutes, but the 2nd and 30, and letting Von into coverage, I just can't ever get behind.    We let Mahomes off the hook, although we should just recognize he was still a magician to pull it off.  Woods just created a situation where his magic could pull the miracle plays with less resistance.  Still, we do have to tip our cap to his greatness in what he did.  The left-handed throw was what ppl remember - but man, he moved around and fit balls into windows that even above-average QB's can't do.  Only 2 guys today can do what he did arm-wise and with pocket awareness - A-Rod and him.   Just still awed at his greatness (while at the same recognizing we could have schemed much better the last 2 drives).

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

As mentioned earlier this week - King placed on IR with a groin issue, sounds like a sports hernia.  Can't be cut without IR then injury settlement.   Cody Waldman in.  

It was such a stupid signing.  The guy is a clown that needs to realize he’s a punter.  Not only did he suck he had a terrible attitude as well. 

Archived