Nostalgic/Throwback games chat thread

TecmoSuperJoe

• 3 weeks later...

The last clash of Manning's Colts and Marino's Dolphins was a passing of the torch. Marino had triumphed the last three times, but in Week 13 of 1999 Manning overcame him at last.

"If we should leave [Miami] with a win," then-HC Jim Mora said before the game, "I don't know what to think of this football team, because this is beyond my wildest expectations." 

• 2 weeks later...

2003 Week 17 Minnesota Vikings (9-6) at Arizona Cardinals (3-12)

Sunday Dec 28, 2003
Start Time: 4:05pm
Stadium: Sun Devil Stadium
Attendance: 52,734
Time of Game: 3:02

Spotlighted this in another special alert thread, but I'm posting it here anyway. This game was probably in my top ten lost gems. Didn't ever think the full broadcast would again see the light of day since this game was blacked out locally, and who at the time recorded this game, and then was going to proceed to upload it to YouTube. But alas, that happened, and now the full edition is available for viewing. Most already know the circumstances of this game, and it's still hilarious almost 20 years later when you make it through the game to the final play even with foreknowledge. This was Dave McGinnis' last game as Cardinals head coach, and while his stint in Arizona didn't work out, this was a great way to go out. At the time no way did I think Josh McCown would play all the way to 40 years old. 

• 2 weeks later...

2014 Week 15 Green Bay Packers (10-3) at Buffalo Bills (7-6)

Sunday Dec 14, 2014
Start Time: 1:02pm
Stadium: Ralph Wilson Stadium
Attendance: 70,214
Time of Game: 3:14

Aaron Rodgers and the Packers head to take on the Buffalo Bills. Both teams are making a push for the playoffs, and the Packers have the mightiest triggerman in the league. The Bills remain undaunted, and showcase their resolve as a unit on a snowy day.