Week 5 GDT. A Canadian Thanksgiving Miracle

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, Yibbyl said:

Well, I see we have the lead heading into halftime, so there's that! Wish I could see this game. Sounds like our D is playing well.

It is playing very well.

I'm honestly trying to work out how we only have a one point lead. We were pretty dominant that first half. 

2 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

It is playing very well.

I'm honestly trying to work out how we only have a one point lead. We were pretty dominant that first half. 

Looked at the stats...1-point lead is probably due to the 1 for 6 3rd down conversion rate. I did notice that we ran the ball 21 times in the 1st half already! That totally looks like McD was thinking eat minutes, play a field position game,  and let our D do their job. Given that our offense really isn't even remotely explosive, that makes sense to me.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

Looked at the stats...1-point lead is probably due to the 1 for 6 3rd down conversion rate. I did notice that we ran the ball 21 times in the 1st half already! That totally looks like McD was thinking eat minutes, play a field position game,  and let our D do their job. Given that our offense really isn't even remotely explosive, that makes sense to me.

Absolutely. Think it explains our decisions to go for it on fourth down so much as well..

3 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

Are these announcers for real?

Correa clearly could've avoided contact. 

Yeah that is a late hit. Happened well after the pass

And the one annoucer saying he tried to hold him up. That is BS... He extended the arm to push Josh after the initial contact.

Just now, Yibbyl said:

3 & out! Time to turn this into some points!

Technically they got a first down earlier in the drive but still a fantastic opportunity to get some good field position. We're really winning the field position battle. 

Just now, NickChowaniec said:

Our defense is legit today. Love it when we play like this.

Me too. I love this defense when they're clicking. I'm definitely scooping a Tre jersey soon. Our LB core is flying and the improved defensive line really helps them get space. 

1 minute ago, LeeEvans said:

Me too. I love this defense when they're clicking. I'm definitely scooping a Tre jersey soon. Our LB core is flying and the improved defensive line really helps them get space. 

Tre is awesome. His personality is so fun too. 

Archived