Trades you want this year

3rivers

11 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I am not sure Burns played vs the Browns.  When Cody went out Sutton was his replacement.  If they make a move it will be for a CB.

Yes Burns sat all game. Like I said in game, he’s in Tomlin’s dog house and likely played his last game for us as a starter. 

52 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Yes Burns sat all game. Like I said in game, he’s in Tomlin’s dog house and likely played his last game for us as a starter. 

He must be part of a trade...maybe for a toupee' for Colbert???

51va1j1VLQL._SY355_.jpg

Or, seriously...maybe he really is being shopped for another 'disappointing' 1st Rd pick somewhere else around the league; it might be one of those "Hey, let's see if a change of scenery can help these guys out"-type of trades...they do happen from time to time.  If that's the case, don't expect anyone likely any better than our 'Justin-Gilbert-experiment' from a couple years back...  

On 2018-10-29 at 7:07 AM, warfelg said:

one part about tomlin I agree with is when the puts the lock on the dog house and throws the key away. It's about time he got the house back on track:D What could we trade burns for ?

3 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

A 4th for DJax from the Bucs...exactly what the offense needs.

Can be cut in offseason with no dead $$$ and save $10 mill.

this would be deadly, but I still think a CB is what the team needs most.  Could we trade burns to the giants for JJ and a pick, but what RD would the pick be?

10 hours ago, August4th said:

Djack on this offense would be scary ..not sure ben would throw a good deep pass to him lol but his presence would open up more space for the rest of our skill players

We are missing that dude that wakes up a deep threat in this offense. I was thinking Pierre Garçon would be a great as well. My only problem is that I don’t want to cut into our salary cap for next years roll over for an offensive player. Even a guy like Janoris Jenkins cuts into our possibility of starting over on defense next year (which personally I think is what we intended to do) If he ends up just being done and doesn’t turn his season around. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

We are missing that dude that wakes up a deep threat in this offense. I was thinking Pierre Garçon would be a great as well. My only problem is that I don’t want to cut into our salary cap for next years roll over for an offensive player. Even a guy like Janoris Jenkins cuts into our possibility of starting over on defense next year (which personally I think is what we intended to do) If he ends up just being done and doesn’t turn his season around. 

What makes you think they will “start over” on Def next year?

10 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

What makes you think they will “start over” on Def next year?

The way they handled this season and last offseason. They have drafted assets in Dupree, Burns, Hargrave, and Davis as starters. They gave them one last chance to shine as starters. Peices like Burns and Dupree, as evidenced, are not shinning. But as drafted assets still young in terms of years in the league, it was worth giving them one last shot — because the future of the defense is much brighter if those guys can turn the corner. 

They have not, so you could argue that both are gone next year. Bostic has been good, but not dynamic. Sutton doesn’t make me think we have a future stater (yet). We also drafted all the hole positions on offense last offseason for the upcoming season (WR, QB, OT).  We have guys coming off the books and not a lot of high dollar on team players to extend. So there are plenty of spaces to fill, we will actually have the funds to do it, and draft assets can be places solely on defense. I know everyone wanted that last year, but in a realistic world we needed our already drafted talents to improve to make our future better and they weren’t ready to give up on them. You can hate the idea, but it makes sense to give everyone - players and coaches - one last chance to succeed and go blank slate (ish) the following offseason. 

so we have 4hrs until this topic is to end. 

who do you realistically want to trade for?

who do you think we end up trading for?

DRC retired in oakland, so we waited too late for conley IMO, as he will be required there and I doubt they ship him off.

My preferences for now

1. Peterson21

2. Jenkins

3. trade burns (would be #1, but you understand)

3. other CB that is legit

With burns in the doghouse, and coty having a foot issue, it would have helped to get 2 CB's and move on.  At least get Jenkins, but will it happen in under 4hrs?

3 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

You can hate the idea, but it makes sense to give everyone - players and coaches - one last chance to succeed and go blank slate (ish) the following offseason. 

This is where the trade can make the difference. If colbert doesn't trade for a legit CB, I can't see this team going anywhere especially if burns is playing. Coty has a foot issue, ok nobody likes him either but with burns in the doghouse and coty possibly out, we are running out of CB's. What if another CB gets injured.  The team needs a legit CB and if they don't make the move to get one, they will once again be pretenders UNLESS we run the ball and OWN TOP vs the playoff teams.

3 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

This is where the trade can make the difference. If colbert doesn't trade for a legit CB, I can't see this team going anywhere especially if burns is playing. Coty has a foot issue, ok nobody likes him either but with burns in the doghouse and coty possibly out, we are running out of CB's. What if another CB gets injured.  The team needs a legit CB and if they don't make the move to get one, they will once again be pretenders UNLESS we run the ball and OWN TOP vs the playoff teams.

Well, it does and it doesn’t make sense. The IDEA of trading for a legit starting corner is great, but the actuality of finding one that fits, sacrificing cap space, and guaranteeing they can be part of the future is the difficult part. 

Are you willing to cut into our cap space carry over for potential FA next year, take a $15M hit in each of the next two years if it works, and a $10M hit over 2 if it doesn’t for Janoris Jenkins who is currently having his worst year as a pro? 

The IDEA is great. The ACTUAL situation is what’s in question. 

1 minute ago, Dcash4 said:

The IDEA of trading for a legit starting corner is great, but the actuality of finding one that fits, sacrificing cap space, and guaranteeing they can be part of the future is the difficult part.

this is why a team can't waste RD1 picks and also can't overpay mediocre players. That is the GM's fault, not Tomlin or the scouts.  Jenkins would help this team more that paying dupree his 5th year option if it comes down to that.  

If Jenkins is having his worst season, it might not be a good idea. Who else might be traded at CB? We are running out of options, and without a legit CB opposite Haden, expect losses to teams with legit QB's (Rivers, Brady, Brees , Mahommes etc).

Archived