Trades you want this year

3rivers

Even if they don't go for some big trade, if they're looking at all there's probably quite a few CBs that could be acquired for a mid-rounder that even if not great are probably better than what we have opposite Haden.  Maybe Burns + a pick for a veteran CB with a team that thinks Burns is young enough that he could turn it around with a change of scenery.  Less than 3 hours though until the deadline and Pittsburgh is one of the last teams I'd expect to make a big midseason move.

16 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I am fully expecting Bell to return to the team tomorrow or next Monday. 

If he isn’t back by 4:01pm this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning, I don’t expect him until week 11. I really don’t know why he wouldn’t show up any earlier. He clearly isn’t motivated by money and the trade deadline would have already passed if that was his other motivating factor. 

Editing this before someone jumps on it: he clearly isn’t motivated by money to come back early on the tag*

7 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

If he isn’t back by 4:01pm this afternoon or first thing tomorrow morning, I don’t expect him until week 11. I really don’t know why he wouldn’t show up any earlier. He clearly isn’t motivated by money and the trade deadline would have already passed if that was his other motivating factor. 

Editing this before someone jumps on it: he clearly isn’t motivated by money to come back early on the tag*

It’s gonna be at the last minute. And they’ll use the two week exempt status. 

5 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

He wants full control. I still believe he was hoping the narrative that the Steelers need Bell in order to win was maintained with us repeatedly losing and the lack of performance by Conner. But he didnt get his wish. Then the Steelers tipped their hand and let it leak that they were gonna trade him and get something for him and he wasnt about to let that happen. He has been one of the most selfish players in NFL history and frankly I hope they address a players ability to sit out beyond the trade deadline in the next CBA. They should have to report at least a full week prior.

You got guys like LT and Deion Sanders saying still that Bell needs to be the starter when he gets back. They should put a 2 week exemption on him and then keep him inactive for the rest of the season imo

56 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

He wants full control. I still believe he was hoping the narrative that the Steelers need Bell in order to win was maintained with us repeatedly losing and the lack of performance by Conner. But he didnt get his wish. Then the Steelers tipped their hand and let it leak that they were gonna trade him and get something for him and he wasnt about to let that happen. He has been one of the most selfish players in NFL history and frankly I hope they address a players ability to sit out beyond the trade deadline in the next CBA. They should have to report at least a full week prior.

You got guys like LT and Deion Sanders saying still that Bell needs to be the starter when he gets back. They should put a 2 week exemption on him and then keep him inactive for the rest of the season imo

Some former players are biased towards bell, and I can expect players to side with players.  For us fans, we didn't like how bell went about this once he was designated.  I was thinking the bold as well, but instead of inactive, just have him mop up in garbage time when Connor and company have the game in control as Samuels did last week vs browns.   He can watch from the sidelines and preserve, but what if he does have to play : will he possibly fake injury or fumble the game away in spite? Nobody knows what to expect with him , but if he did either of those, it would hurt his inflated value (what's left) going into UFA

10 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I highly doubt we make any trades but I wouldn't mind a minor trade to get another wide receiver somebody that's going to be a more solid stop Gap number 3. Obviously ideally I would prefer us to get a corner I just don't think that's realistic

why isn't it realistic? Is it the cap space?  Would jenkins cause us to restructure contracts to get under the cap? I am not sure how our cap situation is since Bell never showed up and how that affects it. 

Anyone else here think we are just pretenders unless we get another legit CB across from Haden? Sure we can beat the bad teams or choking teams, but the good teams will have their way.  Playoffs of course, but not many if any wins in the playoffs vs good QB/WR teams. 

Colbert has39 minutes to admit he was wrong about burns and get a legit CB

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

why isn't it realistic? Is it the cap space?  Would jenkins cause us to restructure contracts to get under the cap? I am not sure how our cap situation is since Bell never showed up and how that affects it. 

Anyone else here think we are just pretenders unless we get another legit CB across from Haden? Sure we can beat the bad teams or choking teams, but the good teams will have their way.  Playoffs of course, but not many if any wins in the playoffs vs good QB/WR teams. 

Colbert has39 minutes to admit he was wrong about burns and get a legit CB

I think it's not realistic because I think any CBs we'd want, someone else is gonna offer more or equal and will have better potential pick positions.  

this thread ended up being a waste. The reporter asked tomlin and he still believes in burns and developing their draft picks.  We will see how this works vs legit teams especially in the playoffs. Unless we run and own TOP, I can't see our CB2 holding up.

21 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

this thread ended up being a waste. The reporter asked tomlin and he still believes in burns and developing their draft picks.  We will see how this works vs legit teams especially in the playoffs. Unless we run and own TOP, I can't see our CB2 holding up.

Some teams are FA/Trade teams and some are Draft and Develop Teams. You (We) chose to cheer for a Draft and Develop Team. It's worked out pretty well but there are certainly times when that philosophy can drive you nuts. I'm sure I'm missing a couple but the only FAs that made a mark (that I can quickly think of) are Greene and Farrior. Yet year in and year out some of us are surprised when a move isn't done. For better or worse, it just isn't the Steeler Way. 

*Ryan Clark (tho I was never as a big a fan of his as some). 

*The Bus (Duh!). 

Archived