Trades you want this year

3rivers

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

He isnt as bad as some make it seem, he also isnt worth $9M/year.

Getting an OLB in FA as good or better for that pricetag wouldnt be that difficult. I am not okay with paying this guy $9M next season.

exactly. Spend on CB and let Adeyini have a try for the rest of this season even if you have to remove a player like Red. They need to let B.Allen and Adeyini have a chance now.

14 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

You guys are gonna be very disappointed when the Steelers give Bud 4-5 years at roughly $30-40 mill overall.

this would be a colbert move. Maybe missing the playoffs this year to get him fired would be worth it in the long run. Dupree has improved, but I can't see that cap designation matching on field results. Once again, too loyal to draft picks. 

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

this would be a colbert move. Maybe missing the playoffs this year to get him fired would be worth it in the long run. Dupree has improved, but I can't see that cap designation matching on field results. Once again, too loyal to draft picks. 

Well, actually, he's not that loyal...JJ--gone.  Mendenhall--gone after 1st Contract.  Santonio Holmes--Also gone after first Contract...AND being SB MVP...

That's not to mention all the 2nd Rd selections he dumped...

You don't give up on a 1st Rd pick, unless he's ABSOLUTELY detrimental to the team, while he's on a fairly respectably priced contract.

Other than Colon...and Cortez...how many truly bad contracts have we dolled out to inefficient players?  Not many that I can remember.

Colbert's issue isn't loyalty, IMO...it's just flat out poor early drafting, in recent years...infatuation with players in the 1st we have no business selecting there...Burns and Edmindds being the worst offenders...

...but we also need to remember, that none of the 1st Rd Edge rushers from Dupree's class have turned out to be much of anything, yet, so it's just possible that this particular position was over-drafted, as a whole, that year...

46 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Well, actually, he's not that loyal...JJ--gone.  Mendenhall--gone after 1st Contract.  Santonio Holmes--Also gone after first Contract...AND being SB MVP...

That's not to mention all the 2nd Rd selections he dumped...

You don't give up on a 1st Rd pick, unless he's ABSOLUTELY detrimental to the team, while he's on a fairly respectably priced contract.

Other than Colon...and Cortez...how many truly bad contracts have we dolled out to inefficient players?  Not many that I can remember.

Colbert's issue isn't loyalty, IMO...it's just flat out poor early drafting, in recent years...infatuation with players in the 1st we have no business selecting there...Burns and Edmindds being the worst offenders...

...but we also need to remember, that none of the 1st Rd Edge rushers from Dupree's class have turned out to be much of anything, yet, so it's just possible that this particular position was over-drafted, as a whole, that year...

[BadWord] That whole 1st round draft class is looking terrible:

Traded/Cut from original team: Dante Fowler, Amari Cooper, Ereck Flowers, Danny Shelton, Marcus Peters, Cam Erving, Breshad Perriman, Laken Tomlinson, Phillip Dorsett, Damarious Randall, Stephone Anthony

Disappointments/Didn't live up to expectations: Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Leonard Williams, Kavin White, Vic Beasley, DeVante Parker, Kevin Johnson, Arik Armstead, Nelson Agholor, Cedric Ogbuehi, Shane Ray, DJ Humphries, Shaq Thompson, Byron Jones

Done Well/Exceeded expectations: Brandon Scherff, Todd Gurley, Trae Waynes, Andrus Peat, Melcin Gordon, Malcom Brown

giphy.webp

4 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

You mean dumbest line of the week...

Yea. There’s a couple of people talking about how this will make it hard for the Steelers to sign FAs for not taking care of Bell. I wish my non-stop tweets to Florio, Bouchette, and other football guys would pay off and they would write about how that’s stupid. 

3 hours ago, warfelg said:

Line of the week (from another football forum):

Apparently this person doesn't know about the contracts they've given to Ben, Brown, Heyward, Tuitt, Williams, Haden, Pouncey, DeCastro, AV, Gilbert, Boswell, etc.

Yeah, it's the Steelers who are being IMMATURE.xD

25 minutes ago, Livewire said:

Apparently this person doesn't know about the contracts they've given to Ben, Brown, Heyward, Tuitt, Williams, Haden, Pouncey, DeCastro, AV, Gilbert, Boswell, etc.

Yeah, it's the Steelers who are being IMMATURE.xD

Yes. Or all the HUGE contracts they've been known to give FAs. 

According to Ian Whetstone, an author of overthecap.com: “Since 2002, the Steelers have signed homegrown players to $774,826,457 worth of second contracts through 2017. They've paid out $682,288,369 of that amount. That's 88 percent. When people say that NFL contracts don't mean anything, it largely doesn't apply to homegrown Steelers. Oh, and only $196,481,000 of those contracts were guaranteed. More than 70 percent of what they've paid out was non-guaranteed salaries and bonuses.”

More from Whetstone: “While I'm crunching numbers, this holds pretty true for contracts for these homegrown Steelers players beyond their second (contracts). In that same time frame, the team signed $413,480,441 worth of third, fourth, and fifth contracts--$119,610,000 guaranteed – and paid out $322,510,876 (78 percent).”

What Whetstone’s research shows is that just because the money isn’t technically guaranteed, the Steelers historically honor the numbers they put on paper.

3 minutes ago, jebrick said:

According to Ian Whetstone, an author of overthecap.com: “Since 2002, the Steelers have signed homegrown players to $774,826,457 worth of second contracts through 2017. They've paid out $682,288,369 of that amount. That's 88 percent. When people say that NFL contracts don't mean anything, it largely doesn't apply to homegrown Steelers. Oh, and only $196,481,000 of those contracts were guaranteed. More than 70 percent of what they've paid out was non-guaranteed salaries and bonuses.”

More from Whetstone: “While I'm crunching numbers, this holds pretty true for contracts for these homegrown Steelers players beyond their second (contracts). In that same time frame, the team signed $413,480,441 worth of third, fourth, and fifth contracts--$119,610,000 guaranteed – and paid out $322,510,876 (78 percent).”

What Whetstone’s research shows is that just because the money isn’t technically guaranteed, the Steelers historically honor the numbers they put on paper.

This confirms what Steeler fans know and it's really interesting to see the actual figures. Good find. 

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Stealing this. Thanks

On 10/31/2018 at 5:10 PM, AlanFanecaFan said:

You guys are gonna be very disappointed when the Steelers give Bud 4-5 years at roughly $30-40 mill overall.

They just about paid Worilds like that, so it wouldnt shock me.

And "disappointed" isnt the word to describe how I will feel if it does happen.

Archived