Trades you want this year

3rivers

I haven’t watched H.Reddick or the Cards for that matter.  Where did they have him playing? Was he out of position or scheme or just not that good?  I thought that right after he was drafted they tried him at OLB.  It was kinda like when the Steelers tried to force Timmons into an OLB role.

25 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Eagles just restructured Fletcher Cox, opening up another $6.5 mil. But they have “no interest” in Bell. 

Rumors are they are targeting David Johnson. Should the Eagles pass on Bell that speaks volumes about how the league feels about him. He is killing his value but i think that was his plan all along because he doesnt wany Pittsburgh to get anything out of him.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Rumors are they are targeting David Johnson. Should the Eagles pass on Bell that speaks volumes about how the league feels about him. He is killing his value but i think that was his plan all along because he doesnt wany Pittsburgh to get anything out of him.

why would the cards trade DJ after signing him to a new deal?

Bell might have lost value over the years for various events and injuries, and with him we don't know what's next. Imagine us losing the SB to the team we trade bell to and he is MVP, thats the worst case scenario for us. Everything else is bonus I suppose, if anything at all happens

Any chance the Eagles trade Brandon Graham ? UFA next year, they have Bennet, Barnett and Long under contract for 3 years each and at a lot cheaper price than Graham will be. They are so far over the cap going into next year like 21 million and they have other big names to sign like Darby,  Jordan Hicks, Corey Graham among others and will probably lose Ajayi & Sproles.

3 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Any chance the Eagles trade Brandon Graham ? UFA next year, they have Bennet, Barnett and Long under contract for 3 years each and at a lot cheaper price than Graham will be. They are so far over the cap going into next year like 21 million and they have other big names to sign like Darby,  Jordan Hicks, Corey Graham among others and will probably lose Ajayi & Sproles.

we are all hoping a Bell for Graham trade, but will it happen? What would you think a fair trade would be for Bell ?

6 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Eagles are pushing to trade for LeSean McCoy. A Bell trade sounds like it is simply not going to happen.

I could see Bell playing here this year and of course me  losing (more) hair in the offseason thinking that they will try to sign him again somehow.

Recently I have accepted this and thought it would be good to have a 1-2 punch at RB, keep Bell preserved on the sidelines while Connor proves we don't need Bell . It's a win for all participants  involved and positive thinking has prevailed.

Ignore the media.

How about trade dupree and burns for Graham? just kidding, no GM would fall for that or would they ?

3 hours ago, August4th said:

if bell comes back wonder how they'll handle the workload. I don't want to see conner shelved like they did to Dwill a few yrs ago

I don’t want to see Connor rot either, but I also don’t want to A) use him up as he is our future, and B) sit $8.5M in Bell. 

I think the best feature of both would be Bell working between the 20’s and third downs and Connor being short yardage, red zone, and every 3/4 possessions. 

Obviously those are not exclusives, but I think it focuses on each players best features. 

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

I don’t want to see Connor rot either, but I also don’t want to A) use him up as he is our future, and B) sit $8.5M in Bell. 

I think the best feature of both would be Bell working between the 20’s and third downs and Connor being short yardage, red zone, and every 3/4 possessions. 

Obviously those are not exclusives, but I think it focuses on each players best features. 

Assuming Bell is even in shape and close to his ability when he gets back, I would consider a time split more-so where you have Conner coming in relatively fresh after Bell has done some early damage to the defense (or vise-versa, not sure which would work better). Obviously you wouldn't solely run one or the other at any time, but you lean heavier on one than the other at early and late portions of the game. I would lean towards having Bell be the early workhorse and Conner as the closer mostly because Conner performs better once he is in a rhythm.

This also doesn't mean you don't have some formations with both out there and Bell lined up in the slot.

Archived