Trades you want this year

3rivers

7 hours ago, Big Snack said:

we are rumored to be looking at janoris jenkins........ i dont care what the rankings say cuz when he is on he is a great corner. he is just over 10 mil per year through 2020

2019 and 2020 are “fake years” on his contract. AKA there’s little dead money to cut him. 

I am all for acquiring Jenkins OR Peterson. Idc what it costs. Look I dont normally have that opinion but I want a damn Super Bowl for this team. We arent getting it without improving this defense somehow. Peterson or Jenkins would take a ton of pressure off of the front 7. Hell, get both of them.

8 hours ago, 3rivers said:

we need for the season to end (in february) and continue then :ph34r: Right now, still some unanswered. I could see dupree progressing with good coaching and in the 9 tech as someone pointed out. Here though, he is limited, not the best scheme and perhaps the coaching isn't suited for him. Sometime the scenery and coaches make quite a difference.

Lets agree on something for a change - Kevin Greene is our next OLB coach unless Harrison wants back, but I doubt he will. Greene is with the jets, but his favourite place was with the steelers B|

Fair enough...I can agree with that. I'm willing to give him a shot...if he wants to come over.  But I don't want to 'wait' for the end of the seasaon for that to happen; I want Porter and Butler gone now, and replacements hired.  Yeah, I know, pipe dream, and we can't switch DCs in the middle of the season, unless we promote from within...and IMO, there is no one worthy on staff to take that role.  So yeah, we are pretty much screwed...nice...¬¬ (not sure what this emoticon means, but the face says it all, IMO--unhappy, pessimistic, and wary of what's going on...)

2 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I already have your whole post quoted and bookmarked ready to mock your idiocy. But for real, I'm starting to lean towards the side of "poor development" in Dupree's case. Soon after the draft I recall some poster showing a SPARQ (or something similar) graph and his athleticism was literally off the chart. However, Pre-Draft I noted just how slow he could be off the snap at times. I think I called him the "Ricky Bobby of Defense" because he was either first or last. Also, he relied solely on his athleticism to get to the QB and that doesn't translate to the NFL on it's own. You have to have some pass rush moves. Now he seems to be more consistent in his get off but the pass rush moves are almost non-existent. That brings the coaching into play. Coming out of college he was this uber athletic ball of clay but (because of a lack of coaching) instead of molding him into a high level Pass Rusher he's just some old dried up silly putty with dog hair stuck all over it. Well maybe not that bad. He is still young and the athleticism certainly hasn't just disappeared. Someone just needs to find a way to harness it. Porter does not appear to be that "someone". 

Outstanding!!  You get my point...exactly!  But yes, I expect a full 'throttling' from you when I'm wrong...;)

Not sure how much Giants anyone has watched, but Jenkins has been getting roasted all year. There has been a pretty dramatic step down. 

Maybe a change of scenery could do him well, he is probably still an upgrade, but I don’t want to give up any sort of decent asset to get him. 

1 hour ago, Ward4HOF said:

Fair enough...I can agree with that. I'm willing to give him a shot...if he wants to come over.  But I don't want to 'wait' for the end of the seasaon for that to happen; I want Porter and Butler gone now, and replacements hired.  Yeah, I know, pipe dream, and we can't switch DCs in the middle of the season, unless we promote from within...and IMO, there is no one worthy on staff to take that role.  So yeah, we are pretty much screwed...nice...¬¬ (not sure what this emoticon means, but the face says it all, IMO--unhappy, pessimistic, and wary of what's going on...)

problem is that if we win the SB or maybe just make the playoffs, will rooney make changes? Like many here, I have called fro a few to get replaced, butler and porter for example.  It might be the players fault, so only time will tell. I know that Watt was much better than  dupree as a rookie, so that shows a difference in there player skillset as they are both on the same team while one was a rookie and the other has 3 years exp.

Right now I am more optimistic if we get Peterson, that would help more than all these other changes IMO.  Get burns off the field, and if we trade a RD1 pick to get Peterson, that means that is one less wasted RD1 pick on D from colbert. Trade RD1 pick that we usually waste for an all pro, sounds fair to me, am I missing something. Throw in burns and burnett , why not?

4 hours ago, Chieferific said:

He is still young and the athleticism certainly hasn't just disappeared. Someone just needs to find a way to harness it. Porter does not appear to be that "someone". 

and how many more years of starting would you allow a player before deciding to move on?

When was the last time a player on any team had the lights go on during their 5th year of starting and became much more improved over the previous seasons? It eventually is a decision they will have to make, because staying committed will cost cap space that could be better spent elsewhere and they might also pass up on legit players that also would help more. Some people have more patience than others, that is known, but for some players time is running out  here anyways.  I was a dupree critic but have let up a bit since he at least has been a bit better this year but still has too many areas that need improvement.

Burns OTOH is wasting a roster spot and should be cut just as ereck flowers was. Butler left burns out there and dalton waited until they got near the end zone for the pass in burns direction. Smart move by the bengals because if burns got burned before , he might have been pulled  and there wouldn't have been the easy TD waiting for them ;). Burns tried via penalty to get pulled , but even that didn't work, so yes, still some questions about coaching. Burns and Antwan blake are the 2 worst governs we have had that I remember, both starters in this regime for way too many games, so where does the blame fall there?

By trading for Peterson, we have legit starters, and then draft to learn from these pro bowlers .  Peterson and Haden could be near the top of the league as a dual , but if Haden gets injured now, we are in trouble.

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

Doubt we get petereson, but I can see us trading for a decent vet level corner. Trades have become more common in the last few yrs, so its possible the steelers will be active.

I doubt it too because this would have colbert admit he was wrong about burns and they could still think they can draft a CB or get by with mid level UFA CB etc. They go about this mid level approach often, and expect different results.  If they got peterson, then CB1 and CB2  is set and then all the rest of the  CB's are for depth and they can evaluate how they progress is and make changes there all while Haden and Peterson are making the D that much better. No needs to discover you have a burns or blake by making them starters. No, in 2018 starter CB2 is competent player, probably a CB1 for most teams many years ago.  If colbert could draft really good for D , I wouldn't advocate trading RD1 picks, but he can't unless the picks are gifts and that only happened once in a while.

18 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

I doubt it too because this would have colbert admit he was wrong about burns and they could still think they can draft a CB or get by with mid level UFA CB etc. They go about this mid level approach often, and expect different results.  If they got peterson, then CB1 and CB2  is set and then all the rest of the  CB's are for depth and they can evaluate how they progress is and make changes there all while Haden and Peterson are making the D that much better. No needs to discover you have a burns or blake by making them starters. No, in 2018 starter CB2 is competent player, probably a CB1 for most teams many years ago.  If colbert could draft really good for D , I wouldn't advocate trading RD1 picks, but he can't unless the picks are gifts and that only happened once in a while.

If this was true they wouldn't be looking at JJ. They won't get PP (at least I don't think they will) because... 1) The Cards say he's not available and 2) Other teams with worse records, like the Jets, have interest. 

4 minutes ago, Chieferific said:

If this was true they wouldn't be looking at JJ. They won't get PP (at least I don't think they will) because... 1) The Cards say he's not available and 2) Other teams with worse records, like the Jets, have interest. 

who is looking at JJ, and who is JJ? You lost me there. I think Peterson has a trade clause according to this forum in the news section, so he has some say. 

Archived