Trades you want this year

3rivers

12 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

how do these 2 compare to Haden in coverage? I mean, I wouldn't complain about having 3 Haden's at CB that's for sure.

*Edit:  Based on what I've read about Conley, he is considered a "still developing" Shutdown Corner, if that's truly the case, he would instantly start over Coty Sensabaugh and Artie Burns.  When it comes to Janoris Jenkins, I feel like he could be on par with Haden, he is a significant upgrade over Burns, brings more speed than Haden really, and worst case scenario would instantly be the #2 Corner at worst.

The biggest issue here with Jenkins is one of the other teams looking at possibly trading for him is the New England Patriots and I just have this feeling they're more likely to acquire him.  The team in the "hunt" other is Philadelphia.

Just now, wwhickok said:

As for Conley, imo he isn't going to be as good as Haden imo but he's going to be an upgrade over Burns (speculatively).  When it comes to Janoris Jenkins, I feel like he could be on par with Haden, he is a significant upgrade over Burns, brings more speed than Haden really, and worst case scenario would instantly be the #2 Corner at worst.

lets clarify something before I go any further in any CB related threads. Burns is not to be compared to as he shouldn't be on the roster.  

If JJ is comparable to Haden, that's a start and if Conley is just a notch down from that, I am good with that.  Draft a legit CB in RD1 to go along with this and the secondary could be decent at CB.  Right now, just imagine what it would be like if Haden got hurt for say 5 weeks or had a nagging injury that affected his play. I really think in this league now, 3 good CB's are required because of how the league is so pass heavy and the quality of the passing and receiving . 

8 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

lets clarify something before I go any further in any CB related threads. Burns is not to be compared to as he shouldn't be on the roster.  

If JJ is comparable to Haden, that's a start and if Conley is just a notch down from that, I am good with that.  Draft a legit CB in RD1 to go along with this and the secondary could be decent at CB.  Right now, just imagine what it would be like if Haden got hurt for say 5 weeks or had a nagging injury that affected his play. I really think in this league now, 3 good CB's are required because of how the league is so pass heavy and the quality of the passing and receiving . 

IF the Steelers were interested in acquiring both, you'd have (most likely) Conley be your #3 and Janoris start opposite Haden.  Then flat out cut Artie Burns and move Brian Allen back to the PS.  You'd be able to rotate Sutton and Sensabaugh (he isn't terrible in limited opportunity).  This would actually be the perfect situation.

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

IF the Steelers were interested in acquiring both, you'd have (most likely) Conley be your #3 and Janoris start opposite Haden.  Then flat out cut Artie Burns and move Brian Allen back to the PS.  You'd be able to rotate Sutton and Sensabaugh (he isn't terrible in limited opportunity).  This would actually be the perfect situation.

Coty to PS, Allen to cover TE's is what I would opt or try anyways.  He deserves a chance. but burns is out and coty is next in line

7 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Coty to PS, Allen to cover TE's is what I would opt or try anyways.  He deserves a chance. but burns is out and coty is next in line

I agree with that but i dont think thats what Pittsburgh would do. In fact i think Allen and Allen would get cut in favor of Coty and AB

21 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’ll try to link the source, but we supposedly offered a 1st and 2nd for Patrick Peterson and we’re turned down. 

If this is real, we are crazy serious about adding a CB. I wonder if we go after another? That’s a steep price, but if it gives us a SB or two in the next two years, it’s worth it.

26 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If this is real, we are crazy serious about adding a CB. I wonder if we go after another? That’s a steep price, but if it gives us a SB or two in the next two years, it’s worth it.

If the Cardinals turned that down, they're very seriously not willing to trade Peterson.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-could-have-had-at-least-a-first-and-a-second-round-pick-for-patrick-peterson/

Pittsburgh isn't mentioned specifically but even so, if multiple teams made that offer, I doubt Pittsburgh is where he would end up if the Cardinals had been willing.  Of the teams I can imagine would be interested, I don't think our pick (potentially) would be the most appealing.

1 hour ago, wwhickok said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/cardinals-could-have-had-at-least-a-first-and-a-second-round-pick-for-patrick-peterson/

Pittsburgh isn't mentioned specifically but even so, if multiple teams made that offer, I doubt Pittsburgh is where he would end up if the Cardinals had been willing.  Of the teams I can imagine would be interested, I don't think our pick (potentially) would be the most appealing.

Steelers wouldn't offer those picks either. 

4 minutes ago, Blitzburgh said:

Conely is a gamble but if they feel he has the upside I would prefer it. Although our track record for evaluating CB isn’t great.

I’d prefer not to be trading for upside, I want to trade for immediate talent. If we want upside, I’d rather wait till the offseason. 

I’d much prefer a vet over future potential. We need now good, not 2-3 years good.

Whats a guy like DRC doing right now? Always thought he was a very solid #2 and always showed up on playoff teams.  Expiring deal, team not going anywhere...I honestly know nothing about this year for him but if he is healthy and the wheels haven’t fallen off, that’s the type of guy I target. 

Archived