Breaux out 4-6 weeks, 2 doctors fired for misdiagnosis

Dome

The New Orleans Saints have fired their two orthopedists, Dr. Deryk Jones and Dr. Misty Suri, according to a league source.

The decision follows a misdiagnosis of cornerback Delvin Breaux's injury. Breaux has missed the majority of training camp with what the team diagnosed as a leg contusion, but Breaux underwent X-rays on Monday that revealed a worse injury. 

He was seen in a walking boot and using crutches Monday afternoon at the team facility. 

According to the source, Breaux suffered a fractured fibula that will keep him out for four to six weeks.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2017/08/saints_fire_two_orthopedists_a.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Sean Payton of owes Breaux an apology. He was openly frustrated with Breaux not returning to practice and didn't deny reports he was being shopped.

This season is starting off like a bad joke and I think our record will be the punchline.

4 hours ago, Mid Iowa said:

You gotta be kidding me!! You have 2 doctors basically on staff, and they couldn't pick this up?

Bruise vs. Break.... uh........ I'd fire their arses too!!

Been saying this for YEARS!!! Dr. Suri is a QUACK JOB! He personally handled my daughters MCL tear (she was a all state softball player) and i can tell you from personal experience that both he and his boss were WELL below leauge standords. 

Payton has embrassed himself more than once so far this season and like i said before, his desperation is being worn on his sleves like a bad scarf and its only gonna get worse in my opinion. 

However this situation has Benson written all over it... Oschner Hospital is one of the Saints biggest sponsors and these were there go to surgens. The Saints knew for years what the deal was but opted to overlook it due to those endorsment checks.

I want to know if Unger and Ramczyk are ready to go. 

Was it the same doctors telling Payton that Breaux should be practicing?

id be getting second opinions on every player with anything more than a nick or bump 

4 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I want to know if Unger and Ramczyk are ready to go. 

Was it the same doctors telling Payton that Breaux should be practicing?

id be getting second opinions on every player with anything more than a nick or bump 

Underhill reported that Ramczyk practiced over the weekend. We'll probably learn more if he actually practices against the Chargers this week. 

Unger playing in the preseason just doesn't seem logical to me. Why take that chance? He's a vet that's been here two years so he shouldn't have any issues with protections and snaps. Get him semi-used to playing next to Warford in practice. 

3 minutes ago, SSK said:

Underhill reported that Ramczyk practiced over the weekend. We'll probably learn more if he actually practices against the Chargers this week. 

Unger playing in the preseason just doesn't seem logical to me. Why take that chance? He's a vet that's been here two years so he shouldn't have any issues with protections and snaps. Get him semi-used to playing next to Warford in practice. 

I doubt we see more than a series out of him, if he does play.

Archived