Kyler Murray

Kiwibrown

36 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

What's his situation? Isn't he committed to playing baseball?

I may be wrong, but I thought he was drafted top 10 in a recent draft and got a $5 mil signing bonus, but it was agreed with the team that he'd play 1 more year of college football.

He's talented enough to make the NFL, but he'd be foolish to turn down the trajectory he's on with regards to baseball. Less punishing on the body, bigger contracts, and he's already viewed as a top prospect / player. In the end it may come down to what he loves to do more.

16 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I may be wrong, but I thought he was drafted top 10 in a recent draft and got a $5 mil signing bonus, but it was agreed with the team that he'd play 1 more year of college football.

He's talented enough to make the NFL, but he'd be foolish to turn down the trajectory he's on with regards to baseball. Less punishing on the body, bigger contracts, and he's already viewed as a top prospect / player. In the end it may come down to what he loves to do more.

So why is he playing football at all? To keep his opinions open?

I think Murray could be the 6th or 7th best QB in the up coming draft so somewhere in the middle rounds potentially.  But yeah I think he goes baseball, longer playing career potentially and he is not sure of a thing in the NFL.  Is having a crazy good year at QB and doing things similar to what Mayfield did last year.  Greatly improved passer from what he showed at A&M that is for sure.

Will have a choice to make no doubt about it, but I would be surprised to see him decline baseball, pretty sure a late early 3rd to 5th round pick does not make $5 Million dollars right off the bat like he will in baseball.  

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

That's such a fascinating story. He could end up winning the Heisman and never playing a down of football again.

Archived