It's that time of the year again. Worst loss in team history talk time.

TecmoSuperJoe

Worst loss personally? I have two. They are a tie.

1. Losing to the Steelers in Superbowl 14. It crushed me. Even at that young age (I was 9) I despised all the fair weather kids in LA that were rooting for the Steelers because they were the more popular/successful team. I wanted my Rams to crush them so I could ram it down their throats. I cried when the game was over.

2. Losing my team to St Louis. It was such a miserable gut punch. I hated Georgia until the day she died. And then I kept hating her. So I can't express to you how "beyond my wildest dreams" it was when the Rams actually came back.

Whew, this thread is bringing back some painful memories.

The 2000 lost to the Ravens has already been mention but the 2008 lost to them hurt pretty bad too.

It felt like ok, this is the year. Went 13-3, including the 10-0 start. Brady got hurt, which opened the door wide open in the AFC. Our defense was legit, run game was legit, and Kerry Collins was playing just well enough to believe we could go to the Super Bowl. If we're ever going to win, this is the year was my mentality.

Division round game against the Ravens comes and everything just goes wrong. "The Fat Boys" Lendale White and Alge Crumpler both had critical fumbles, our most dynamic and important offensive weapon Chris Johnson got hurt and the refs missed a huge delay of game on the Ravens late in the game.

Had we won we would have faced the Steelers, who we beat a few weeks prior in week 16, 31-14.

It's taken almost 10 years for the franchise to recover from that lost. 

2003 Week 17.  Cardinals 18, Vikings 17.  4th and 24 to Nate frickin Poole. As soon as that pass was completed, it was the first moment all season where we didn't lead our division, and yet it knocked us out of the playoffs entirely. That to be the most painful memory aside from the NFC championship games 

6 hours ago, VanS said:

I grew up a Titans fan so this one is easy.  Most people would assume that the toughest loss a Titans fan could have is the 1999 Super Bowl against the Rams where they came up one yard short.  Not for me.  That year we were a surprise team that had a miracle run to the Super Bowl.  Most Titans fans (including me) were just happy to be there.  I didn't really take losing that Super Bowl hard.  The most crushing loss I can remember as a Titans fan was the 2000 Divisional Playoffs versus the Baltimore Ravens.

Lotta people don't know this cause the 2000 Ravens get hyped as one of the greatest defenses of all-time (and rightfully so) but it was the Tennessee Titans that had the #1 ranked defense in the NFL that season (if you go by yards allowed).  Tennessee also had the best record in the NFL that year along with a prime Steve McNair and Eddie George.  Most people felt that they were the best team in the NFL that season and poised to win the Super Bowl.  During the opening drive of the game, we drove the ball effortlessly down the field on that historic defense and scored a TD.  During the week leading up to the game, I never once thought for a moment we would lose that game.  I thought we were guaranteed to not only beat the Ravens but win the Super Bowl as well.  I'm sure people who remember that game know how crazy it got after that.  Baltimore literally couldn't do anything offensively yet they ended up winning the game by 2 TDs because of a blocked FG returned for a TD and an INT returned for a TD by Ray Lewis to seal the game late in the 4th quarter.  To this day, its probably the toughest loss I've ever experienced as a fan of a team. 

The crazy thing about that game was the aftermath.  I swear that it felt like there was a cloud over the city of Nashville for the next 4-5 days after that game.  Everyone was down.  Nobody could believe we lost.  There was a sense of despair everywhere in the city.  Definitely the most crushing loss I've ever experienced as a fan.

Why can't you make well informed posts like this more often instead of your usual junk.  I'd honestly take you more seriously if you did

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Nothing as impactful as the mentions above for the Texans, but plenty of losses to ponder over:

The Rosencopter:

ShallowDistantGnu-size_restricted.gif

David Garrard to Glover Quin to Mike Thomas hail Mary:

EmptyFirmAmazondolphin-size_restricted.g

Jimmy Graham crashing the Deshaun Watson coming out party (on the plus side, we won a World Series two days later - then lost Watson to an ACL the very next day):

seaa.0.gif

Brady to Cooks (also, why Corey Moore isn't in the NFL anymore):

dont_count_out_touchdown_tom.0.gif

The exact moment where Matt Schaub's career came to a screeching halt:

sherman-pick6-vs-texans.gif

I'm sure I have more, but this is too much as is for me. Bunch of bad memories here.

Rams Fitzmagic was insane too. Vs the Texans.

3 minutes ago, El ramster said:

Rams Fitzmagic was insane too. Vs the Texans.

You're right - won in OT. Then like two minutes later, I think Puljos hit a HR off of Brad Lidge to kill any momentum the Astros had in the NLCS, and something also happened to the Rockets that sucked.

That was a very bad day in general.

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Whew, this thread is bringing back some painful memories.

The 2000 lost to the Ravens has already been mention but the 2008 lost to them hurt pretty bad too.

It felt like ok, this is the year. Went 13-3, including the 10-0 start. Brady got hurt, which opened the door wide open in the AFC. Our defense was legit, run game was legit, and Kerry Collins was playing just well enough to believe we could go to the Super Bowl. If we're ever going to win, this is the year was my mentality.

Division round game against the Ravens comes and everything just goes wrong. "The Fat Boys" Lendale White and Alge Crumpler both had critical fumbles, our most dynamic and important offensive weapon Chris Johnson got hurt and the refs missed a huge delay of game on the Ravens late in the game.

Had we won we would have faced the Steelers, who we beat a few weeks prior in week 16, 31-14.

It's taken almost 10 years for the franchise to recover from that lost. 

I never thought that team was going all the way. Just felt Kerry Collins at QB would come back to bite them in the playoffs.

Besides the two Super Bowl loses I would say the 2005 Playoffs to the stealers.

I truly believe the Bengals could have won it all that year.  They had just beat them a few weeks earlier and looked like one of the teams to beat. 

First offensive play Carson gets Kimoed and its over.. Chitna kept it close for a little while, but we all knew.... Pitt goes on to win it all.. just a shame

Just one of many disappointments in my Bengals fan hood and the start of the ole marv playoff joys.

9 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

2006 divisional round Colts @ Ravens

The mere mention of this game makes me want to rage. I would've bet my life savings that the Ravens were going to the Superbowl this year. I think we were like +17 in turnovers this year. Just so much absurd nonsense went on in this game and has forever scarred me. Why did I come to this thread? icon_lol.gif:(

Yeah it's this and the Cundiff/Lee Evans game.

Archived