It's that time of the year again. Worst loss in team history talk time.

TecmoSuperJoe

On 10/9/2018 at 10:30 AM, PapaShogun said:

Thanks. That was an interesting read. Depressing, but it was interesting. Didn't know Dickey and Gregg had that bad of a relationship. 

Also, pretty messed up for Dan Devine to run the Packers organization into the ground with the Hadl trade, and then bolt for the Notre Dame job a couple of years later. Of course he then wins a national title with Joe Montana. 

Ahh well, at least they made him look like jerk in Rudy :D 

When Dan Devine died, they honored him with a moment of silence at Mizzou.  I was either a Freshman or Sophomore... I booed the entire time.  I'm a heel.  

Also, I watched this, this morning.  Most of these aren't really heart breakers.  I'll add my list after work...

I have watched the Packers since I was born, in 1982. These are the ones that were the most deflating, in no particular order:

1.  Super Bowl loss to the Broncos.  They were heavy favorites to repeat, but got punched right in the mouth and got beat.

2.  Jerry Rice fumbled.  That son of a ***** fumbled!  We recovered!  Game over! We lost to the Falcons the next week, the score is eleventy billion to nothing, we didn't lose to the 49ers.

3.  2011 Playoff choke.  Dominate the regular season.  No show, at home, in the playoffs.

4.  Making Kaepernick, twice!  HEY DOM! HE IS GOING TO RUN!

5.  All the losses to the 90s Cowboys.  The mid-90s Packers were very, very good.  But they could not defeat the Cowboys of the same era.  Much more frustrating at the time.

6.  2014 Playoff Choke.  So much stupid, at least the Seahawks lost the Super Bowl.  

7.  Fail Mary.  The most hateable quartet of: Russell Wilson, Pete Carrol, Golden Tate, and the Refs stole a game from the Packers.

8.  4th and 26.  This is the worst.  Freddy Mitchel had what, 10 catches in his career? Of course he catches one 28 yard pass right in the middle of our defense and we choke away the game.

i don't think i've seen SB 46 mentioned here yet. that was brutal for me since i was still young and it was my first season being invested in the Pats. certainly not the worst in team history but easily the worst for me since i've started watching

also this one for some reason stands out

cjanderson.0.gif

On 08/10/2018 at 7:01 AM, 3rivers said:

People now refer to this D penalty as the tom brady rule. It makes you think the league has bias towards brady, because why didn't they change the rule when Carson got hurt?

Again, why doesn't the league make the QB's wear knee braces to prevent this injury in the name of player safety? 

You presume the knee brace would prevent an ACL tear when a 300lb person flies at the side of the knee. Not going to happen. It probably offers a little support.

4 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You presume the knee brace would prevent an ACL tear when a 300lb person flies at the side of the knee. Not going to happen. It probably offers a little support.

it helps, it might save a few injuries, but not remove all of them.  Maybe a newly designed knee brace to help increase the safety , but it won't save an incident like Napolean Mccallum .

On 06/10/2018 at 5:13 AM, Classic said:

I've all the nightmarish losses the Chargers have had over the years nothing tops this game. So many things had to go wrong for a team stacked with 11 pro bowlers and the MVP

Marty going away from the MVP who was killing the Patriots with over 130 in first half to hand it to 1st year starting Rivers.

Reche Caldwell catching that crucial catch. 

Marlon McCree making the worst play ever.

Marty's stupid penalty that cost us

I know we would beat the Colts had we not choked against N.E and I don't think Rex Grossman could do much against our defense either. You're right too if we win the chip that year no way we don't have stadium in mission valley now.

I remember a muffed punt recovery after you pinned us on the 1, then a ridiculous Drayton Florence flag for headbutting which led to 3. Brady didn't even play that well. Certainly a game you lost, rather than us winning. 

Obviously the 06 SB loss.  Great defense posted down their leg against the run.  But maybe even more painful, was the 2010 NFCCG.  Great defense with a good offense an actually legit qb.  At home, against the Packers in the most important game in the historic rivalry.  Cutler can't plant his foot to throw.  Hanie comes in and almost gets the comeback win.  Packers go on to win the Superbowl.  Yeah that one hurt.

2 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Obviously the 06 SB loss.  Great defense posted down their leg against the run.  But maybe even more painful, was the 2010 NFCCG.  Great defense with a good offense an actually legit qb.  At home, against the Packers in the most important game in the historic rivalry.  Cutler can't plant his foot to throw.  Hanie comes in and almost gets the comeback win.  Packers go on to win the Superbowl.  Yeah that one hurt.

Even I was in pain after Chicago lost that SB. I was in love with your D that year. I think I can even name the entire starting defense now. Linebacking corps of Briggs, Urlacher, Hillenmeier with Ayenbedayo etc..oof.

1. Cowboys: Montana/Clark

2. Vikings: Too many but I would go with 1998 NFC CG

3. Steelers: Loss to the Packers 2010

4. Eagles: Bucs 2002 NFC Champ

5. Colts: Saints 09

6. Ravens: Never lost a SB, but 06' is bad considering the team that eliminated them.

7. Lions: Probably the blow out loss in the NFC CG to Gibbs and the Skins

8. Packers: 1998 Elway Broncos

9. Broncos: Seattle 2013 

10. 49ers: Harbaugh Bowl that set the franchise into a tailspin

11. Chargers: 1994 was horrible, but 2006 to the Pats was pretty awful as well.

12. Rams: 2001

13. Pats: 07

14. NYG: 2000 Ravens, absolutely awful.

15: NYJ: 1998 Elway Broncos

16. Skins: Marcus Allen goes crazy

17. Texans: Take your pick between a bunch of Manning and Brady games

18. Bengals: Montana/Rice

19. Chiefs: The one bowl that began them all

20. Jags: 2017 Pats

21. Titans: 1999 one yard short

22. Browns: The Drive

23. Seattle: 2014 goal line stand