Jump to content
DreamKid

GDT Week 5: Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns

Recommended Posts

We get Jimmy back this week. Hayden will likely make his debut. Collins missing practice has been labeled precautionary. They want to rest him and make sure he's all go for Sunday. We'll see on the rest. I'd be surprised if Tim and ZDS don't play. The Doctors weren't comfortable with Hurst playing last week, so we could see them hold back Henry this week. Nothing too concerning. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Collins and Williams/ZDS are banged up, the coaches might decide to limit their snaps. In which case De'Lance Turner and Tyus Bowser could see some extended time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that it matters much, but I'm happy that Wink plans to let Carr continue his starting streak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, drd23 said:

Not that it matters much, but I'm happy that Wink plans to let Carr continue his starting streak

I guess. Carr is a great guy and I think he's been a strong positive influence on our DB group. Not to mention his level of play recently has been outstanding. It all seems a little patronizing though. Like "We'll give this to you". He'll no longer be keeping the streak alive by true merit, only Wink's generosity. Also, what about our other CBs? Lol, I'm sure they'd like to string together some consecutive starts too.

Maybe I'm just playing Devil's advocate though. I certainly understand the sentiment, and magnitude of Carr's Ironman status. Rewarding a player like Carr in this way can send a message to the locker room. Jimmy is talking about how he's turned his life around now, and I hope it's true. Beyond just his injury prevention regimen...Jimmy should look to emulate Carr in all ways. 

I expect Jimmy to be eased back against the Browns. So everything should be smooth this week. Going forward though Carr shouldn't see the field much at all. Let him get his starts, but let Jimmy, Marlon, and Tavon eat. Our defense is going to be at a whole other level with Jimmy back. Maybe they'll even lock receivers down long enough so that Judon can actually get some pressure.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

I guess. Carr is a great guy and I think he's been a strong positive influence on our DB group. Not to mention his level of play recently has been outstanding. It all seems a little patronizing though. Like "We'll give this to you". He'll no longer be keeping the streak alive by true merit, only Wink's generosity. Also, what about our other CBs? Lol, I'm sure they'd like to string together some consecutive starts too.

Maybe I'm just playing Devil's advocate though. I certainly understand the sentiment, and magnitude of Carr's Ironman status. Rewarding a player like Carr in this way can send a message to the locker room. Jimmy is talking about how he's turned his life around now, and I hope it's true. Beyond just his injury prevention regimen...Jimmy should look to emulate Carr in all ways. 

I expect Jimmy to be eased back against the Browns. So everything should be smooth this week. Going forward though Carr shouldn't see the field much at all. Let him get his starts, but let Jimmy, Marlon, and Tavon eat. Our defense is going to be at a whole other level with Jimmy back. Maybe they'll even lock receivers down long enough so that Judon can actually get some pressure.........

Maybe this is a reach, but it could be sending a message to the team as a whole about how important availability is. Like, Jimmy is back but he doesn’t get the start right away. It goes to the guy who didn’t let us down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

but it could be sending a message to the team as a whole about how important availability is.

Staying healthy and being available to play is an underrated skill imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRAP GAME

It would be a classic story about the Ravens going into a game as an underdog and win, and then go into the next week as a favorite and lose.

We have a really good shot at going 4-1, but the Browns is a really good opponent, who with a few plays gone right could be 4-0. They should be 2-0 if they had a better kicker, and they where seriously screwed in the Raiders game.

I hope we manage to contain Mayfield in the pocket and avoid the Nick Chubb runs up the middle. If Joe can continue to find his tight ends and John Brown deep just a couple of times in the game (and avoid interceptions), I think we got this one.

Collins, Williams and Ricard will once again have a huge responsibility chipping Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi who I think will prove a big issue if he is placed across Skura and Lewis.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rookie QB = automatic win. B|

for real though, it will all be about containing the run game against the Browns. forcing the rookie to air it out should increase the win chances by a LOT.
thus, defense must be ready by snap 1. don't let them get confident, put them behind you early and force them to catch up, turnovers will come.
if Ravens take the lead into half time that should be game, Wink has done an outstanding job adjusting to early mistakes, i assume everybody has realised that by now.

Offensively, pass blocking has actually been good the last 2 games so keep it up. if you are able to contain Von Miller and Chubb, no reason you cannot keep in check Garret and whoever else they trot out. their best CB broke his forearm so take your chances and try whoever replaces him, hard.

run game will continue to be an issue but for once Flacco has weapons to his disposal to actually make 30+ throws count for something more than 5yd gains and FGs.

34-17 Ravens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one makes me nervous to be fair all games the ravens play make me nervous especially because of how the team has performed the last few years. That said I think we will win. I really hope Bowser gets extended playing time I understand he hasn’t flashed really yet this season but neither has Judon and bowser has way more upside so getting him going should be a bigger priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Danand said:

TRAP GAME

It would be a classic story about the Ravens going into a game as an underdog and win, and then go into the next week as a favorite and lose.

We have a really good shot at going 4-1, but the Browns is a really good opponent, who with a few plays gone right could be 4-0. They should be 2-0 if they had a better kicker, and they where seriously screwed in the Raiders game.

I hope we manage to contain Mayfield in the pocket and avoid the Nick Chubb runs up the middle. If Joe can continue to find his tight ends and John Brown deep just a couple of times in the game (and avoid interceptions), I think we got this one.

Collins, Williams and Ricard will once again have a huge responsibility chipping Myles Garrett and Larry Ogunjobi who I think will prove a big issue if he is placed across Skura and Lewis.

 

Better than last year definitely, but I think calling the Browns a really good opponent is a STRETTTTCHHHH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DreamKid said:

If Collins and Williams/ZDS are banged up, the coaches might decide to limit their snaps. In which case De'Lance Turner and Tyus Bowser could see some extended time.  

haha that's hilarious. I think our entire OLB core could get stuck in traffic before the game and our coaching staff would just play random dudes off the street before our 2017 second round pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ravens win but its closer then it should be. 24-20. Typical ravens browns game. Joe throws for 2 tds but also has 2 ints

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paraven said:

ravens win but its closer then it should be. 24-20. Typical ravens browns game. Joe throws for 2 tds but also has 2 ints

Our typical Ravens/Browns games of late have been double-digit victories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Our typical Ravens/Browns games of late have been double-digit victories.

Also, going up against rookie QBs:

http://www.espn.com/blog/baltimore-ravens/post/_/id/46569/baker-mayfield-faces-rookie-qbs-worst-nightmare

Quote

Under coach John Harbaugh, the Ravens have recorded the best passer rating (59.6) and produced the most interceptions (27) against first-year passers. Their 15-5 record against rookie quarterbacks since 2008 is second only to the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are 17-3.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×