GDT Week 5: Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns

DreamKid

The only good things to come out of this loss was a new nickname for Michael Crabtree... and that Justin Tucker commercial.

This loss is for sure on his non-existent hands. If I were a Browns fan I would blame it on the non-existent penalty for Hurst, but if you don’t win clean, the loss is on your team.

The Browns and the Refs did all they could to give this win to the Ravens. I blame this loss on Crabtree-man and the lack of awareness in a close situation. It reminded me of yesteryear when Buck Showalter outsmarted himself and sent Ufraudo to the mount over the best closer in baseball in a must-win game. You about 10 yards to give Tucker a chance. A CHANCE. A CHANCE THAT THE BEST KICKER IN HISTORY CAN MAKE. And you go for it all. Why? Just dumb. What a dumb unnecessary loss. And in spite of my hatred for the Cleveland Browns, I must give them credit. They showed a ton of heart and their defense played well. But what a dumb loss.

3 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

Same old Ravens

Not really. The defense still failed to give up a second half touchdown. They did their job. If it were the same Ravens they give up a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

The offense is to blame though for sure, not special teams. The defense and special teams units set them up with like 4 drives from on the other side of the 40 and only needed like 20 yards to be in Tucker territory and couldn’t even get THAT done.

Outside of Droptree, it’s on Flacco for tossing an idiotic interception at the goal line.

1 minute ago, diamondbull424 said:

Not really. The defense still failed to give up a second half touchdown. They did their job. If it were the same Ravens they give up a touchdown in the 4th quarter.

The offense is to blame though for sure, not special teams. The defense and special teams units set them up with like 4 drives from on the other side of the 40 and only needed like 20 yards to be in Tucker territory and couldn’t even get THAT done.

Outside of Droptree, it’s on Flacco for tossing an idiotic interception at the goal line.

I wouldn't blame ST's as a whole, but whoever is blocking on the FG unit needs to be replaced.

2 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That was a dumb turnover, but the outsmarting themselves of running the ball with Buck Allen on the 2-yard line is also stupid. This is why we can't have nice things.

It was a super Meh day. Flacco was fine, OL was good. Crabtree was below average obviously. Marty didn't call a great game. Little to Big mistakes here and there hurt us. Especially that pointless block in the back from Chris Moore. Game was done if not for that penalty. Special Teams wasn't good. Just a poor showing.

Oh well. It's a long season, clean it up.

Quick Hits

- I'm tired of the Mosley blitzes. He isn't good at them. All it does is take a body out of the middle of the field and makes it easier on QBs. It happened on the Vance play last week and the Wylie play this week. Both when the opponent was pinned behind their own 20.

- Kick Blocking is a clear issue this year.

5 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

That was not the idiotic Flacco interception that we have seen many times where he makes a terrible read and throws it right at the defender. It was deflected by a LB. I'm way more upset with the playcall. There is so much risk calling that throw across the field when everyone bunched up. Could have easily been a 100 yard pick 6.

The play calling at the goal line started off so good and has really been crap since that Collins fumble. Just put LJ8 in and run read option and you will score a TD 80% of the time.

1 minute ago, RavensfanRD said:

That was a dumb turnover, but the outsmarting themselves of running the ball with Buck Allen on the 2-yard line is also stupid. This is why we can't have nice things.

That play was just bad through and through. The tight end wasn't even deep enough in his route and then it is just bad luck/great play by the defender to get his hands up and deflect the ball.

If he doesn't get his hands up, we talk about a great play where we put a big tight end on the goal line to make the play.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

That was not the idiotic Flacco interception that we have seen many times. It was deflected by a LB. I'm way more upset with the playcall. There is so much risk calling that throw across the field when everyone bunched up. Could have easily been a 100 yard pick 6.

This. A good play by their defense and a questionable call from us.

1 minute ago, Danand said:

That play was just bad through and through. The tight end wasn't even deep enough in his route and then it is just bad luck/great play by the defender to get his hands up and deflect the ball.

If he doesn't get his hands up, we talk about a great play where we put a big tight end on the goal line to make the play.

This is why I miss the jumbo package. Anytime you're on the 1 or 2 yard line I expect 3 straight running plays. And if you can't score, I demand someone be fired IMMEDIATELY 

Archived