GDT Week 5: Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns

DreamKid

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

That was not the idiotic Flacco interception that we have seen many times where he makes a terrible read and throws it right at the defender. It was deflected by a LB. I'm way more upset with the playcall. There is so much risk calling that throw across the field when everyone bunched up. Could have easily been a 100 yard pick 6.

The play calling at the goal line started off so good and has really been crap since that Collins fumble. Just put LJ8 in and run read option and you will score a TD 80% of the time.

The playcalling was below average there, but Flacco should’ve either thrown an uncatchable ball to the back of the endzone or taken the sack. We have Justin freaking Tucker, no reason to throw that pass into conjestion. So indeed it was a poor decision by Flacco for sure.

Flacco threw into double and triple coverage all day today and it was pissing me off. And while I love John Brown, it was also making me mad that we kept trying to force feed him the ball. And in spite of all of that, Flacco was going to redeem himself and set us up with the game-winning TD only to be betrayed yet again.

Crabtree? I'm over him. I've seen seasons and games end too many times because of dropsies. Pass. SEE YA LATER, BRUH

7 minutes ago, RavensfanRD said:

Flacco threw into double and triple coverage all day today and it was pissing me off. And while I love John Brown, it was also making me mad that we kept trying to force feed him the ball. And in spite of all of that, Flacco was going to redeem himself and set us up with the game-winning TD only to be betrayed yet again.

Crabtree? I'm over him. I've seen seasons and games end too many times because of dropsies. Pass. SEE YA LATER, BRUH

I have to see the game again, but I believe this was one of those games, where Browns rushed either 3 or 4 and dropped 7 and we had 3-4 receiving options. Then it is difficult to find receivers down the field who are not covered.

Just now, Danand said:

I have to see the game again, but I believe this was one of those games, where Browns rushed either 3 or 4 and dropped 7 and we had 3-4 receiving options. Then it is difficult to find receivers down the field who are not covered.

receivers were barely open all game. i tip my hat to cleveland, they played a great game defensively

3 minutes ago, paraven said:

receivers were barely open all game. i tip my hat to cleveland, they played a great game defensively

Their pass rush wasn't good either. Ronnie Stanley actually held up better than expected against Garrett. Browns fans should be proud of their Pass Defense today, from LBs to DBs.

Well, I guess the team would have been better off with Ryan Grant. xD

Hard to see Crabtree making it past this season with the Ravens. He looks done. I don't care what's to blame for the drops. It's also on Flacco/Mornhinweg that they keep getting him looks. Dude isn't doing anything with them. Roll with Brown, Snead, and Moore and the plethora of tight ends for the middle of the field. Come on guys it's not that hard.

6 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

?

Ray Lewis would never say some corny stuff like that. I’m done with Mosley. He’s not a gamebreaking athlete like prime Lewis, his pass coverage is lame, and now he can’t even except accountability for the decisive third down play. If there was no play, Ray Lewis analyzes what the offense has been doing to that point and gets his defense setup in a way to take advantage. And if it fails, he shoulders responsibility.

My mind is made up on Mosley, he won’t be worth the money he’ll command. I’d rather resign Suggs to a 2-3 year extension instead (since his contract is up after this year).

2 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

He looks done.

2/3 ain't bad. Snead and Brown were good additions. I'm with you. Crab looks cooked. With these "seasoned" vet WR additions you can never be quite sure of what you're going to get. Crabtree is careening towards Maclin territory. 

He limits our attack with his turtle speed and if he can't make even the easy catches, then the trade off just isn't worth it. The line is holding up better than expected. Get Moore out there. His penchant for recovering fumbles alone makes him more valuable. 

I haven’t given up on Crabtree quite yet. I’m giving him a little more time. I think he’s Mike Wallace level, his YAC ability and body strength is a plus, but his hands are weak sauce. I doubt he fixes them and if he doesn’t than I’m down to cut him. But if he can just get his hands up to Torrey Smith level, than I’m alright with the dimension he brings to the table.

edit: The reason I’m not entirely done with Crabtree is the fact that Crabtree is the only receiver that was consistently able to get open in the game. He has savvy moves and slick hips to get himself open. Add in his abilities after the catch to the equation and he has a valuable skillset. The problem is that none of that matters if he can’t catch the football. Thus if he can just improve his hands to even an average level as the season progresses than he’s going to be very valuable.

Archived