GDT Week 5: Baltimore Ravens vs Cleveland Browns

DreamKid

58 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

why, it won't be with the Ravens. he's basically a walking comp pick atm so let him thrive.

It scares me for when we will resign someone though.....

You have to hit on corners and pass rushers in the draft. 

14 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

It scares me for when we will resign someone though.....

You have to hit on corners and pass rushers in the draft. 

Good thing those are the two deepest positions on the team right now. Once this team actually figures out how to use Tyus Bowser we have Bowser/Judon/Williams + draft picks in the future. We're good there.

Humphrey/Young + draft picks at CB. We're good there too.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Good thing those are the two deepest positions on the team right now. Once this team actually figures out how to use Tyus Bowser we have Bowser/Judon/Williams + draft picks in the future. We're good there.

Super lucky. 

Off the top of my head, the Jaguars are the only other team with so much high level defensive talent on Rookie deals.

1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

don't sleep on Averett and Elliott. DBs should be more or less set for years, of course DeCosta should continue to addyoung talent but the base is set.

20 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm still confident we'll still hit 10 wins and a playoff spot, as someone who expected this loss. It's not trivial that we've played all of our road division games already. I believe this team will hold serve at home very well, and then it's just a matter of stealing a couple on the road. Winning next week is huge for us, though. 

Yeah I just don't see it. With our tough schedule, 10-6 was always going to be premised on not dropping winnable games, but through 5 weeks we've yet to show we have that ability to actually build up a head of steam and plow through those trap games. 

The way things have gone, does anyone expect us to sweep our 3 divisional home games? There's at least 1 loss there, then we've got the entire NFC South gauntlet to deal with (probably underdogs in 3 of those games given Atlanta will be on the road), a really good Kansas City team, and a tricky trip out west to play the Chargers. 

I'd go as far to say that next week is already a must-win game, and that if we don't beat the Titans next week, the season may well effectively already be over. There's just no way after losing to basically average to marginally above average Browns and Titans teams that this team could be considered good enough to have the ability to go 7-3 the rest of the way. Lose next week and I think we're very much set up for a 7-9/8-8 type season at best. Given Bisciotti said he considered firing Harbaugh after last season, we're most likely looking at big changes in that case, and it's gonna come partly down to whether we can beat Pees next week. 

If Harbs doesn't beat The one whom shall not be named, he should be fired on spot.

No press conferences or trips back with the team to Baltimore. He should be erased from memory. He's borderline there for losing to the Browns. Because of my disdain for the Browns, I probably would've fined him 500K if I were team owner. Oh yes, I'm still salty over that dumb loss. Such a dumb loss, haha.

Archived