Eagles Now Have 11-12 Million in Cap Space

Jroc04

14 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/cap/

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/philadelphia-eagles/

Spotrac has us at 10.44 mil, Overthecap has us at 11.35 mil

Both have us getting over 12 mil coming off the books next season between Daniel, Bradford, and Mathews :D

Does it account for any raises? I know there's a couple guys getting significant raises next year. I'm pretty sure most of Foles' money is in next years salary. 

17 hours ago, Jroc04 said:

Does it account for any raises? I know there's a couple guys getting significant raises next year. I'm pretty sure most of Foles' money is in next years salary. 

I honestly didn't click to next year's cap space, I just read all the dead money coming off the books at the bottom of this years chart. That said I'm sure we're going to be tight next year because a TON of guys are getting raises from all those contracts. Fletch, Ertz, Curry, Brooks, etc will all be getting significant bumps.

27 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

I honestly didn't click to next year's cap space, I just read all the dead money coming off the books at the bottom of this years chart. That said I'm sure we're going to be tight next year because a TON of guys are getting raises from all those contracts. Fletch, Ertz, Curry, Brooks, etc will all be getting significant bumps.

Foles is getting dumb money next year. 7+ million. He'll be making more than Wentz. 

Cutting Celek, Kendricks and Brooks would save about 10M. 

BG might be a cut candidate. Or a resign. I guess depending on his season this year. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

Foles is getting dumb money next year. 7+ million. He'll be making more than Wentz. 

Cutting Celek, Kendricks and Brooks would save about 10M. 

BG might be a cut candidate. Or a resign. I guess depending on his season this year. 

Top cut candidates net year IMO are Peters, Curry, Kendricks, and Foles. BG is interesting because they gave him that bonus bump but he really doesn't have any guarantees.

Another name i'll toss out there....Jenkins. I know we don't have a suitable replacement yet but he's making 10 mil and not a ton of guaranteed $

7 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Top cut candidates net year IMO are Peters, Curry, Kendricks, and Foles. BG is interesting because they gave him that bonus bump but he really doesn't have any guarantees.

Another name i'll toss out there....Jenkins. I know we don't have a suitable replacement yet but he's making 10 mil and not a ton of guaranteed $

Cutting Peters, Curry and Foles will cost about $6M in dead money a piece. They can't cut them. 

Jenkins is possible if his play declines a bunch. But he'll cost $5M in dead money. 

That kind of money is prohibitive. 

27 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Peters only has 1 Mil in dead money next year. Curry would be 6 in dead money but he would give us 5 mil in cap space to replace him or let Barnett/Long take his job.

I read Foles contract wrong, he's gone in 2019, not 2018.

I guess I'm looking at something different then. Says Peters cap hit is 11.6M and dead money would be 6.3M in 2018. 

I cant imagine getting off the hook that easy. He just redid this contract this year. He signed a 1 year extension. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

I guess I'm looking at something different then. Says Peters cap hit is 11.6M and dead money would be 6.3M in 2018. 

I cant imagine getting off the hook that easy. He just redid this contract this year. He signed a 1 year extension. 

I forgot about that extension looks like Spotrac didn't update, Overthecap did.

There's been speculation, https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4438723/nfl-trade-rumors-lesean-mccoy-tyrod-taylor-could-be-on-trade-block-as-bills-start-rebuilding-process/amp/ the Bills could be looking to trade McCoy and Taylor to complete their tank session to receive future assets. 

I'd be super willing to bring back Shady. He looked still squirrely as ever last night and I think has some years left in him. Comp can't be too much given his contract and age but the offense would be pretty nasty at that point. 

Also there was some speculation on the radio, just the guys opinion, but maybe dangling Graham for Malcolm Butler with Derek Rivers tearing his AC. Interesting. Graham is someone that we may move on from next year anyhow. Would be intrigued. 

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

There's been speculation, https://www.google.com/amp/www.inquisitr.com/4438723/nfl-trade-rumors-lesean-mccoy-tyrod-taylor-could-be-on-trade-block-as-bills-start-rebuilding-process/amp/ the Bills could be looking to trade McCoy and Taylor to complete their tank session to receive future assets. 

I'd be super willing to bring back Shady. He looked still squirrely as ever last night and I think has some years left in him. Comp can't be too much given his contract and age but the offense would be pretty nasty at that point. 

Also there was some speculation on the radio, just the guys opinion, but maybe dangling Graham for Malcolm Butler with Derek Rivers tearing his AC. Interesting. Graham is someone that we may move on from next year anyhow. Would be intrigued. 

I'm not a huge fan of either deal especially the Graham for Butler deal. I don't think Graham is going anywhere. I think he find a way to get rid of Curry to make sure they can keep Graham.

The team I'd call if we are really looking for a RB is the Bengals. The just drafted Mixon plus they have Jeremy Hill and Gio Bernard. Either Hill or Bernard are so much better than any back we got and they are both young.

It would be cool if we got a little more under the cap and  in 2018 we got either Malcolm Smith or Vontae Davis and  Larry Fitz. We could potentially be good enough to push into the playoffs. Still feel like if you put Fitz in a big spot and need a play to be made with a good QB(who da foooook are these QBs in Arizona?), hes got you. Him and Alshon would be jump ball city. 

Archived