Bye Week: What to Cheer For

WindyCity

What we need to see during the by week,

High Priority

Packers @ Lions: Lions win

Obviously a Packers loss would be huge. Being able to create distance in the division when you are not playing is a big win. unrealistic, but the Lions are coming off a huge win and are at home.

Vikings @ Eagles: Eagles win

This is more realistic and would bury the Vikings at 1-3-1 in a division that is going to have multiple 3 win teams in it. This is a huge game and could cripple one of the 3 horses running.

Rams @ Seahawks: Seahawks win

If you think/want the Bears to have the 1 seed the Rams need to lose a game or two and a divisional road game seems like there is a chance.

Wildcard or Future Opponent

Giants @ Panthers: Giants win

This is a non-playoff competitive team against a potential division winner and at a minimum a wildcard threat in the Panthers. The Giants winning would push Carolina back into the pack a little and give them a conference lost.

Bengals @ Dolphins: Bengals win

A big Bengals win may have the Dolphins reeling and nothing better for an opponent than a rough week in the media before you come to town. I am hoping that the Tannehill struggles that we saw against the Patriots are a real thing.

Washington @ Saints: Washington win

Washington winning the NFC East would be ideal as I think that there is only one other wildcard threat in the Eagles and they play a tough schedule. The Saints going back to the pack is a plus and it muddies the wildcard waters a little. Also, there is no playoff scenario where I want to go to NO.

Me Being Petty

Broncos @ Jets: Broncos win

I would like all of the Darnold week 1 jock sniffers sit through another week of him not playing well. This is not reserved to this place, but also media guys like Lombardi and LaConfora. "Darnold never struggled" should live forever.

Jags @ Chiefs: Jags win

I am okay if the Mahomes roll slows a little. Not only does it mean that we do not need to keep hearing about it, but it increases Mack's MVP chances.

Raiders @ Chargers: Chargers win

"We traded Mack to the Bears because we felt they would return the highest picks," enjoy the toilet Oakland and thanks for the defensive player of the year.

7 minutes ago, yomyyo said:

Having situations for which to cheer is a rather exotic position as a Bears fan. (Except, of course, wishing that the Packers lose in heartbreaking fashion.)

At first I thought that sounded way too simplistic and incorrect. Thought for only about 10 seconds before acknowledging that you're indeed correct. lol

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Why would it be unrealistic the Lions beat the Packers? 

They are just a mediocre team with nothing special going on. Rodgers can beat that team even with a couple turnovers from his running backs. 

12 hours ago, Nads786 said:

They are just a mediocre team with nothing special going on. Rodgers can beat that team even with a couple turnovers from his running backs. 

I wouldn't be so sure of the latter.  As much as we like to crap on the offense that is an offense you DO NOT want to extra possessions to.  They are used to having to score every time they touch the ball and are capable of it...add in GBs receiver issues right now and you're talking about a recipe for disaster for Rodgers.  Granted now that I said that Rodgers will likely throw 7 TDs to guys who were selling insurance last week.

17 hours ago, WindyCity said:

What we need to see during the by week,

Jags @ Chiefs: Jags win

I am okay if the Mahomes roll slows a little. Not only does it mean that we do not need to keep hearing about it, but it increases Mack's MVP chances.

Raiders @ Chargers: Chargers win

"We traded Mack to the Bears because we felt they would return the highest picks," enjoy the toilet Oakland and thanks for the defensive player of the year.

How sweet it would be if the Bears have not only the MVP,  but the rare one from the defensive side of the ball.

26 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I wonder if everyone who railed on Mitch for not throwing to open guys and missing other open guys in the first month has watched this first quarter of Aaron Rodgers. 

If happens. 

Same with Brady the first few weeks. He hasn't played like his normal self for most of the season.

Of course my 2 fantasy QBs? Brady and Rodgers. lol

Seeing that missed FG for GB gave a tingle in the loins. Might get some separation from GB.

Archived