T.Y Hilton to the Skins for a 2nd round pick (Proposed Trade)

Vladimir L

That high of a draft pick is too valuable right now, wouldn't make that trade. I would only consider trading for a WR if Reed and Thompson go down(which could happen). We have too many mouths to feed already.

Ugh that’s a tough one. He’d definately add a dimension to the offense. As far as “too many mouths to feed” we’ll hes a better mouth. He’s dangerous, he draws coverage and they simply don’t have that right now. Would I like to draft a wr of Hilton’s ability in round 2? Sure I’d be fine with it. Do I trust the front office ability to draft a reciver that can play in round 2? No. I might have just talked myself in favor of it. 

Big concern is age. He’ll be 29 next month. Don’t want to spend a 2 on a guy with that much wear. Plus he’s been nicked up here and there. 

I guess my answer is a reluctant no for a 2. A 3/6 kinda combo would be hard to say no to. 

I wouldn't do it. TY Hilton is banged up this season and is turning 29 in a month. This team does not need a true #1 WR based on how Jay Gruden runs this offense. We just need someone more reliable than Josh Doctson opposite Richardson, Crowder, Reed, Davis & Thompson.

2018 - $11M salary (have to figure it would be pro-rated)
2019 - $13M salary
2020 - $14.5M salary

None of it guaranteed. So, provided you think he'll stay healthy and give the Redskins decent ability in 2019 and 2020 (i.e. skills won't fall of a cliff), it's not the worst suggestion. However, a second is perhaps a bit too rich for my blood. This isn't an absolute "no" on my part, but it isn't a "yes" either.

Archived