T.Y Hilton to the Skins for a 2nd round pick (Proposed Trade)

Vladimir L

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Why?  Alex Smith will still just check it down.  

No, he won't. We saw that last year. When he has receivers that get open, he throws to them. The problem is that Richardson is the only receiver who can get open and he doesn't get open with any consistency.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:09 PM, Slateman said:

No, he won't. We saw that last year. When he has receivers that get open, he throws to them. The problem is that Richardson is the only receiver who can get open and he doesn't get open with any consistency.

I mostly agree. I would say that Crowder gets open also, but Crowder doesn’t usually go deep, he works the underneath stuff. It seems to me that defenses are really focusing on taking away Crowder, Reed and CT. Those 3 have always been key to our passing offense, and if they’re not getting involved our passing offense has always struggled/stalled. This was true under Smith as it was under Cousins.

I think some people have a bit of amnesia on some of the awful games Kirk had from 2014-2017 when Reed was out or was taken out of the game by a good defense. 

48 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I mostly agree. I would say that Crowder gets open also, but Crowder doesn’t usually go deep, he works the underneath stuff. It seems to me that defenses are really focusing on taking away Crowder, Reed and CT. Those 3 have always been key to our passing offense, and if they’re not getting involved our passing offense has always struggled/stalled. This was true under Smith as it was under Cousins.

I think some people have a bit of amnesia on some of the awful games Kirk had from 2014-2017 when Reed was out or was taken out of the game by a good defense. 

If Crowder is getting open, Smith can't see him.

The whole reason we traded for Smith was to be competitive. If all it takes is a 2nd rounder to get one of the better wideouts on the NFL, we should be doing it

22 minutes ago, Slateman said:

If Crowder is getting open, Smith can't see him.

The whole reason we traded for Smith was to be competitive. If all it takes is a 2nd rounder to get one of the better wideouts on the NFL, we should be doing it

Crowder has been open a few times that I’ve seen and Smith has missed him. IMO  given that Crowder is about Tyreke Hill’s size that Smith is adjusting to the fact that Crowder isn’t as fast as Hill. It could be why Smith overthrew Crowder by almost 5 yards vs Indy when Crowder was open for a TD and why Smith has missed Crowder a few other times.

17 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Crowder has been open a few times that I’ve seen and Smith has missed him. IMO  given that Crowder is about Tyreke Hill’s size that Smith is adjusting to the fact that Crowder isn’t as fast as Hill. It could be why Smith overthrew Crowder by almost 5 yards vs Indy when Crowder was open for a TD and why Smith has missed Crowder a few other times.

Albert Wilson isnt fast. The bottom line is that the wideouts arent getting open in a way Smith is comfortable with, and Smith doesnt have the skillset to throw them open

3 hours ago, Slateman said:

Albert Wilson isnt fast. The bottom line is that the wideouts arent getting open in a way Smith is comfortable with, and Smith doesnt have the skillset to throw them open

Wilson is a 4.43 guy, Crowder is a 4.55 guy. There’s a difference there.

I think Smith definitely has the skill set, it’s just he’s adjusting to his new WRs. Heck, people may not remember because it was so long ago - last year - but Kirk struggled to start the season when Doctson and Pryor were new to him. Cousins did well throwing to Crowder, Grant, CT & Reed to start the year but it was about a month until he got more comfortable with Doctson and he and Pryor never did get on the same page - mostly because Pryor dropped easy passes - and then Pryor hurt his ankle and was out for the year.

I totally think people are pouncing on an opportunity to bash Smith here, but hey, that doesn’t shock me. It’s more fun to yell, “Hey I was right, Smith sucks and Bruce & Dan are idiots,” then to have patience to wait to see if the passing game and Smith get in sync over the coming months and it starts putting up better numbers.

I think it was you that pointed out that Smith has more yards than Cousins did after his first 4 games last year.

Yes Alex does have more yards after the first 4 games:

2018 Alex Smith: 1,042 yards 

2017 Kirk Cousins: 1,004 yards

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

Yes Alex does have more yards after the first 4 games:

2018 Alex Smith: 1,042 yards 

2017 Kirk Cousins: 1,004 yards

Cool.

On 14 more attempts, with 3 less TDs, 1 more interception, 0.77 yards per attempt worse, 1.5% better completion rate, and a partridge in a pear tree.

On 10/11/2018 at 11:24 AM, turtle28 said:

What's worse is that this is Alex and Jay's philosophy as well. There is no reason to have outside receivers cause the bulk goes to the TE (if only that were true), slot and RB. 

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Add in the 30+ AP is on pace for as well.

Last year Perine has 22 recs in only 8 starts, Kelley had 4.

I think people forget that our former QB threw a lot to the TEs and RBs too, especially last year.

The very same complaints I’m hearing about Smith, I heard about Cousins from 2015-2017 from the Anti-Kirk crowd. People called him a check down Charlie too.

Archived