Jump to content
Vladimir L

T.Y Hilton to the Skins for a 2nd round pick (Proposed Trade)

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The same RB that was on pace for near 100 last year before he broke his leg and when our former QB was here?

That guy? 

He had 39 in 10 games.

Near 100 you say? That's more like 65 at best. 

 

And then you add in AP's 30+. 

So take Samaji + Kelley's 26 and CT's 65 (and that was a generous #), you get 91 by my math, or 40 short of the current pace.

Edited by MikeT14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He had 39 in 10 games.

Near 100 you say? That's more like 65 at best. 

 

And then you add in AP's 30+. 

So take Samaji + Kelley's 26 and CT's 65 (and that was a generous #), you get 91 by my math, or 40 short of the current pace.

CT didn’t finish 10 games, he finished 9. It definitely would’ve been more than 65 if he had fisnshed the season. Maybe near 100 was an inflation on my end, but around 80 was probably where he would’ve ended up.

I don’t even see why it matters. Peterson had 2 recs for 36 yards (18 yd avg) vs the Saints... I want my QB throwing to the open guy, even if it is a RB. 

Would you have rather had Alex throw into coverage and maybe that ball gets deflected and intercepted?

There’s clearly some things he’s missing, you expect that continue all year, I don’t. We won’t know if Alex & his chemistry with the WRs will improve or not for sure after just 4 games, history tells us that chemistry usually improves as WRs & QBs play more together but we’ll just have to see what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

CT didn’t finish 10 games, he finished 9. It definitely would’ve been more than 65 if he had fisnshed the season. Maybe near 100 was an inflation on my end, but around 80 was probably where he would’ve ended up.

Oh my.

I already acknowledged I used inflation. You're like inflating my inflation. He played 9.62 games, does that work? You know what, nevermind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Last year Perine has 22 recs in only 8 starts, Kelley had 4.

I think people forget that our former QB threw a lot to the TEs and RBs too, especially last year.

The very same complaints I’m hearing about Smith, I heard about Cousins from 2015-2017 from the Anti-Kirk crowd. People called him a check down Charlie too.

Except Cousins proved he wasnt when he had actual talent at receiver. 2016 he lit it up with good receivers.

Chris Thompson leads the team in targets this season, followed by Jordan Reed.

Last year, under Cousins, Crowder led the team, followed by Josh Doctson. 

 

For all the people saying Cousins would check it down, it's obvious that he was willing to force the ball down the field at times. Smith is not. This hurts Smith when he doesnt have outstanding talent at receiver, nor an offensive coach who can scheme to his strengths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 11:26 PM, Slateman said:

Except Cousins proved he wasnt when he had actual talent at receiver. 2016 he lit it up with good receivers.

Chris Thompson leads the team in targets this season, followed by Jordan Reed.

Last year, under Cousins, Crowder led the team, followed by Josh Doctson. 

 

For all the people saying Cousins would check it down, it's obvious that he was willing to force the ball down the field at times. Smith is not. This hurts Smith when he doesnt have outstanding talent at receiver, nor an offensive coach who can scheme to his strengths.

Cousins threw downfield more in 2016 when he had Djax. Smith did it more last year when he had Hill, it’s not that hard to figure out. If you don’t have an elite deep threat, you’re not likely to be amongst the league leaders in deep passing for a season.

If you have a speedy WR who gets great separation, you’re likely going to have more opportunities to compete passes 30 plus yards downfield. 

Edited by turtle28

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×