Who are the Top 10 players in the NBA?

Justin

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Except that's not what happened. Spurs medical staff misdiagnosed him which started all the drama. My dude just didn't feel comfortable playing. 

No one knows what really happened because he refused to communicate with the team or media like a person that has respect for his organization and fans. It is undeniably incredibly odd how he acted. Even the media leaks from his uncle haven't made that much sense. 

And you know there is a lot more stuff going on there with the small Jordan contract he was offered and his desire to make more money. It was detailed in the Woj piece this spring. 

12 minutes ago, champ11 said:

No one knows what really happened because he refused to communicate with the team or media like a person that has respect for his organization and fans. It is undeniably incredibly odd how he acted. Even the media leaks from his uncle haven't made that much sense. 

And you know there is a lot more stuff going on there with the small Jordan contract he was offered and his desire to make more money. It was detailed in the Woj piece this spring. 

It was also detailed how Kawhi's camp lost trust when the misdiagnoses happened. If the man was healthy he would have balled. Pop sent his goons (TP/Ginobili) after him in a team meeting further fracturing the relationship. SMH.

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It was also detailed how Kawhi's camp lost trust when the misdiagnoses happened. If the man was healthy he would have balled. Pop sent his goons (TP/Ginobili) after him in a team meeting further fracturing the relationship. SMH.

Do we even know what the "injury" was? Was it the quad? I'm not doubting that the Spurs also handled things poorly, but it was clear to me that the way Kawhi responded was completely odd and immature. Clearly there was a lack of communication going both ways and I think it's safe to assume who was being less transparent based on what we know about both parties involved, lmao.

Things confirmed throughout this situation that we really already knew about Kawhi and his camp:

1. Kawhi doesn't know what he wants because he has no personality. Leaked that he wanted Lakers, followed by a leak that he would actually prefer the Clippers, followed by a leak that he doesn't want to play in Toronto, followed by a leak that he actually likes it. They have no idea what they are doing. 

2. Kawhi and his team are incompetent on the business side of his career. See point 1. See them leaving a super max on the table and acting in a way that absolutely killed his reputation even though their end goal is making Kawhi more money. Incredible mismanagement. 

I could go on tbh. I don't doubt that he can and will ball out in Toronto. I also don't blame him for wanting to leave SA. But the way that it was handled was laughable and so I'm good on Kawhi. Feel free to lean towards the Spurs being more at fault, but that's not how I feel. 

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

He's not getting the love from me until I see it. He's dead to me tbh. I'm happy for you guys I guess but I just can't respect what he was doing last year.

Well in all honesty we don’t know the full story of what exactly happened. We know that he handled things in a less than ideal way. We know the legacy of Pop and it’s easy to side with him and that organization because the championship culture speaks for itself but everything about this was odd. I feel pretty strongly that at least a misdiagnosed injury from the Spurs staff to be true (minor or major something definitely was off) Everything else I’m not really sure. I can see your general stance and maybe I would be right there with you had he not been traded to my team. Criticism of any player is usually warranted but maybe people are going a bit too far with him. 

Right now he looks healthy and he’s unquestionably a top 5 player in the game when healthy. 

9 hours ago, champ11 said:

He's not getting the love from me until I see it. He's dead to me tbh. I'm happy for you guys I guess but I just can't respect what he was doing last year.

My top 10 projected for this season...

1. LeBron

2. Steph

3. KD

4. Harden

5. AD

6. Giannis

7. Westbrook

8. CP3

9. Embiid

10. Jokic

YEAH I DID IT AND I'M READY TO FIGHT ABOUT IT

....it actually is pretty tough to rank the tier after CP3 and I could go a lot of ways there, tbh. Kawhi in there around 7 if he returns to form. Jimmy Butler would probably have been in my ten spot based on last season alone but I don't feel comfortable w him until I see where he lands. Gobert/Lillard/Kyrie all have strong cases for top 10 spots as well. Kyrie we need to wait and see if he can stay healthy tbh. 

Image result for clapping gif

Alright I can see you guys have dug as deep into the weeds as I have on the whole situation I guess it’s pretty much universally accepted that a Spurs misdiagnoses of an injury and perhaps forcing back too quickly and re aggravating the injury is initially what started all of this? Spurs players like Tony Parker basically calling him a pansy and that his injury was 100X worse and he came back sooner certainly didn’t motivate him to return and help the franchise. Losing trust in a medical staff and wanting a second opinion when something didn’t feel right and also losing trust in the coaching and some of his guys for publicly ridiculing him probably wouldn’t make you want to rush back for a playoff push and even be a part of that team sorta makes sense. 

There was certainly a lot of weirdness from Kawhi and his camp that came out afterward but so much randomness has leaked on a weekly basis some of which contradicts the other stuff I really don’t wanna go down that path as I have know idea about what Kawhi really thinks about anything or what his actual plans are moving forward. 

Also I may as well give my top 10:

1. LeBron

2. KD

3. Curry

4. Kawhi

5. Davis

6. Giannis 

7. Harden

8. Westbrook

9. CP3

10. Embiid

Top 3 is pretty set I think 4-7 you could really order those guys in any order. I think Russ is kinda in a third (or fourth if you give LeBron his own) tier by himself right now. I thought we were gonna see a decline from CP3 last season but didn’t I’ll add him in and then I think I’ve seen enough health really is my only concern with Embiid and if he remains healthy he’ll rise next year. I have no issues with Jokic in anyone’s top 10 he’s somewhere in the 11-17 range for me I’d have to dig and take a look. 

13 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Alright I can see you guys have dug as deep into the weeds as I have on the whole situation I guess it’s pretty much universally accepted that a Spurs misdiagnoses of an injury and perhaps forcing back too quickly and re aggravating the injury is initially what started all of this? Spurs players like Tony Parker basically calling him a pansy and that his injury was 100X worse and he came back sooner certainly didn’t motivate him to return and help the franchise. Losing trust in a medical staff and wanting a second opinion when something didn’t feel right and also losing trust in the coaching and some of his guys for publicly ridiculing him probably wouldn’t make you want to rush back for a playoff push and even be a part of that team sorta makes sense. 

There was certainly a lot of weirdness from Kawhi and his camp that came out afterward but so much randomness has leaked on a weekly basis some of which contradicts the other stuff I really don’t wanna go down that path as I have know idea about what Kawhi really thinks about anything or what his actual plans are moving forward. 

Yeah, like I said above, I think Kawhi's end goal of deciding he didn't want to be a part of the Spurs franchise is totally fine. There is (apparently, although tbh not confirmed) a good reason for him to have issues with the organization.

But in response to this (and @J-ALL-DAY alluded to it earlier) I think we can view Tony's and Manu's responses as pretty standard for what would happen if almost any player in any circumstance acted the way Kawhi did. I don't necessarily view their comments as a piece of what was going on between Kawhi and the organization because for all we know they were acting on their own accord....and I would expect leaders of a team to be shocked and confused by what was going on with Kawhi. Are we really doubting Manu and Tony as leaders after all these years? Maybe Tony....but my man Manu???

He ghosted both the team and the media, essentially. Dude is a coward IMHO or at the very least completely incompetent. When you look at these lists....these are all franchise cornerstone players. Kawhi was supposed to be the Spurs franchise cornerstone player and he just went off the grid. I just can't respect how he handled the situation at all.

And, also, I'm surprised he hasn't received more criticism. It's because literally no one likes or cares about Kawhi lmao. He's mad he got a weak offer from Jordan....it's because no one likes you fam. And then you went and did this. Phew.

Also I don't think he's unquestionably a top 5 player at all at this point. Dude hasn't played in a year and we have KD/Steph/LBJ/AD/JH in there. We'll see.

23 minutes ago, champ11 said:

Yeah, like I said above, I think Kawhi's end goal of deciding he didn't want to be a part of the Spurs franchise is totally fine. There is (apparently, although tbh not confirmed) a good reason for him to have issues with the organization.

But in response to this (and @J-ALL-DAY alluded to it earlier) I think we can view Tony's and Manu's responses as pretty standard for what would happen if almost any player in any circumstance acted the way Kawhi did. I don't necessarily view their comments as a piece of what was going on between Kawhi and the organization because for all we know they were acting on their own accord....and I would expect leaders of a team to be shocked and confused by what was going on with Kawhi. Are we really doubting Manu and Tony as leaders after all these years? Maybe Tony....but my man Manu???

He ghosted both the team and the media, essentially. Dude is a coward IMHO or at the very least completely incompetent. When you look at these lists....these are all franchise cornerstone players. Kawhi was supposed to be the Spurs franchise cornerstone player and he just went off the grid. I just can't respect how he handled the situation at all.

And, also, I'm surprised he hasn't received more criticism. It's because literally no one likes or cares about Kawhi lmao. He's mad he got a weak offer from Jordan....it's because no one likes you fam. And then you went and did this. Phew.

Also I don't think he's unquestionably a top 5 player at all at this point. Dude hasn't played in a year and we have KD/Steph/LBJ/AD/JH in there. We'll see.

Again much of your criticism is fair. I can’t disagree with some of what you said the only things I can touch on are your stance on Tony/Manu comments being fair or leaders some people just don’t respond to that type of thing that you would like them too. Like idk If you and I were on a sports team and you really ****ed something up and you felt incapable of playing despite a doctor saying you probably should be good to go and I called you a pansy and questioned your manhood and said I had a worse injury and came back sooner than you did maybe that doesn’t sit well with you. 

The other point would be the definition of leader and franchise cornerstone. It seems that may have changed the standard of what that guy is may have been the same from the beginning of Sports up until the summer of 2010. Kawhi is a different kind of guy had he not gotten hurt I don’t see any reason he just doesn’t show up and play basketball and avoid media and just sorta live in his own space and continue to be an elite player and no one would say anything they would say he’s Tim Duncan 2.0 and this is Pops team. 

There is defiantly more to this story on both sides. I see nothing wrong with what you said because this isn’t something we’ve seen before and it definitely isn’t the way we all expected it to go down. 

13 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

Again much of your criticism is fair. I can’t disagree with some of what you said the only things I can touch on are your stance on Tony/Manu comments being fair or leaders some people just don’t respond to that type of thing that you would like them too. Like idk If you and I were on a sports team and you really ****ed something up and you felt incapable of playing despite a doctor saying you probably should be good to go and I called you a pansy and questioned your manhood and said I had a worse injury and came back sooner than you did maybe that doesn’t sit well with you. 

The other point would be the definition of leader and franchise cornerstone. It seems that may have changed the standard of what that guy is may have been the same from the beginning of Sports up until the summer of 2010. Kawhi is a different kind of guy had he not gotten hurt I don’t see any reason he just doesn’t show up and play basketball and avoid media and just sorta live in his own space and continue to be an elite player and no one would say anything they would say he’s Tim Duncan 2.0 and this is Pops team. 

There is defiantly more to this story on both sides. I see nothing wrong with what you said because this isn’t something we’ve seen before and it definitely isn’t the way we all expected it to go down. 

I mean he ghosted the organization. I think a lot of players would be like wtf and essentially throw you under the bus in that scenario. Should they have done it? Eh, probably not....but I think that response from the players should be expected. Kawhi tanked their season. Straight up ruined it both on and off the court. They had to deal with that drama with the media every day. Not surprised they popped off. 

But no doubt dude. We'll see. The guy has a fresh start so I'm definitely interested on how he handles the situation and how he plays. He could completely prove me wrong or he could further prove that he is a culture tanker. 

How the hell is anyone putting CP3 above Kyrie?? 

1st I am not sure if Kyrie isn't just flat out better straight up anyhow BUT the fact that CP3 is in a Scottie Pippen role compared to Kyrie as the main (won't say Jordan) role makes this ALL KYRIE > CP3

And I'd bet the "all important NUMBERS" will end up not making it even close anyway! 

8 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

How the hell is anyone putting CP3 above Kyrie?? 

1st I am not sure if Kyrie isn't just flat out better straight up anyhow BUT the fact that CP3 is in a Scottie Pippen role compared to Kyrie as the main (won't say Jordan) role makes this ALL KYRIE > CP3

And I'd bet the "all important NUMBERS" will end up not making it even close anyway! 

Kyrie needs to stay healthy. Easy choice of CP3 over Kyrie right now IMO. Kyrie was irrelevant in his first year as the man 

Archived