Daniel Craig to return as James Bond

Acgott

Personally I think they should have rebooted it, but I have enjoyed Daniel Craig's performance. Bond 25 (Not actual name) will be Craig's 5th James Bond movie and moves him past Pierce Brosnan to do the 3rd most Bond movies behind Roger Moore (7) and Sean Connery (7)

29 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Elba is too old. The next Bond is set to be released in 2019 by which time he'd be 46.

Where are the early 30s actors coming through?

Agreed, Elba is too old. Although it would be funny to keep discussing it.

Personally the next Bond. I am still secretly hoping is American. Just because Nolan and Bale stole Batman from us.

Elba is not too old.  It could happen, but I agree it probably won't. 

Brosnan - 44 for his first Bond movie.
Craig - 38
Dalton - 41
Moore - 45

Obviously, Tom Hardy is the best choice to play Bond next.  Elba would be good, but it's not going to happen. 

I was trying to think up other people who could/should play Bond next and I Googled it and the first link I went to suggested Emily Blunt or Haley Atwell.  If it was Elba or Boyega I'd be excited because I don't care about that, but why even call it James Bond at the point of Emily or Haley playing James Bond?  Why not just make up a new character at that point?  And that's coming from somebody who likes to believe in the theory that James Bond is just a code name and that James Bond is actually a series of clones, making every James Bond movie a part of the same continuity. 

42 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Elba is not too old.  It could happen, but I agree it probably won't. 

Brosnan - 44 for his first Bond movie.
Craig - 38
Dalton - 41
Moore - 45

Obviously, Tom Hardy is the best choice to play Bond next.  Elba would be good, but it's not going to happen. 

I was trying to think up other people who could/should play Bond next and I Googled it and the first link I went to suggested Emily Blunt or Haley Atwell.  If it was Elba or Boyega I'd be excited because I don't care about that, but why even call it James Bond at the point of Emily or Haley playing James Bond?  Why not just make up a new character at that point?  And that's coming from somebody who likes to believe in the theory that James Bond is just a code name and that James Bond is actually a series of clones, making every James Bond movie a part of the same continuity. 

I would care. Boyega, does not have swagger nor is cool. His entire acting style revolves around a hipster like approach.

And I agree with the female casting. That empowerment BS is way out of hand. We have Atomic Blonde which I hear was a decent movie. Just build on that.

Just now, Calvert28 said:

I would care. Boyega, does not have swagger nor is cool. His entire acting style revolves around a hipster like approach.

And I agree with the female casting. That empowerment BS is way out of hand. We have Atomic Blonde which I hear was a decent movie. Just build on that.

I like Boyega and I don't think his acting style revolves around a "hipster" approach.  He's shown plenty of range in his brief career already from Attack the Block to Star Wars to every indication he did a hell of a job in Detroit, but you're right.  He doesn't have the swagger of Bond.  At the same time, neither does Elba.  Elba's more of a calm anger type actor. 

And about the female Bond part, that's the biggest issue I have with it.  I don't mind if a character is changed because the person is a great choice, but to change the character just for the sake of being "inclusive" or whatever is stupid.  And Stan Lee had the perfect response... If you want more roles for women and different races and everything, write new characters.  If you want a female spy with a cocksure attitude, write one. 

Anyway, about Craig coming back for another Bond movie... I don't think any of his Bond movies were bad.  They were all good in their own ways.  Even Quantum of Solace was an enjoyable movie.  Not the types of movies I'd rewatch, but I don't regret watching any of them. 

Archived