Favorite Franchise Mode - Madden

Centurion

What is your all-time favorite Franchise Mode and why?

Mine is Madden 2002 for PS2 because you can do an expansion draft with the Texans. Only Franchise Mode I know of that can do that. Plus, the level of difficulty is high, as I haven't found a way to break it yet short of flat-out cheating (as opposed to Madden 09, for example, which was broken thanks to every team cutting their best players every season).

Close second is Madden 99, the original, for sheer level of difficulty and nostalgia.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2018 at 9:45 PM, Centurion said:

What is your all-time favorite Franchise Mode and why?

Mine is Madden 2002 for PS2 because you can do an expansion draft with the Texans. Only Franchise Mode I know of that can do that. Plus, the level of difficulty is high, as I haven't found a way to break it yet short of flat-out cheating (as opposed to Madden 09, for example, which was broken thanks to every team cutting their best players every season).

Close second is Madden 99, the original, for sheer level of difficulty and nostalgia.

I remember playing season 1 as the Rams and releasing Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk and Torry Holt right before the expansion draft and then switching to the Texans and signing all 3 after the draft. 

On 10/9/2018 at 9:26 PM, BayRaider said:

Madden 2005 had a solid franchise mode. 

That was actually the only Madden with a solid franchise mode... 

2006 on the PS2/XBox was virtually the same thing as 2005 - and that's a good thing. I still play 06 once in a while, along with about 20 draft classes from NCAA 2006.

19 hours ago, ET80 said:

2006 on the PS2/XBox was virtually the same thing as 2005 - and that's a good thing. I still play 06 once in a while, along with about 20 draft classes from NCAA 2006.

The 04-06 range was all solid. Then they started tweaking stuff and removing standard features only to add it back in as “new” years later. Like, f that. It ain’t new if it was in the game ten years ago...

22 hours ago, ET80 said:

Yep, also one thing I loved on 2006 even though many didn’t like it was the QB Vision Cone. I thought it was an excellent addition to gameplay.

04-06 was the golden years for Franchise Mode itself though. Far superior to the crap they put out now. I mean come on we can’t even hire coordinators anymore. Back then you could even do owner mode where you set ticket prices, food prices, merchandise, advertising, etc. 

Archived