Game 5, 2018: vs Denver Broncos

Bianconero

8 hours ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Cheers. Tell me about it - I'm in an office full of City fans, it's been a longggg 5 and a half years ...

I've put some thoughts in our game thread, but the 2nd half was more of the same - Williams dominance and awful contain/tackling from our Defense. I liked what I saw from your interior line in the run game, and you used your TEs intelligently in the pass game (chipped and doubled Von).

All I would say is I wouldnt expect that level of success in your outside run game again. The contain and tackling was as bad as I've ever seen from us. Still, youve got the pieces for a ground, pound and shot taking Offense there.

Best of luck the rest of the way, chaps.

Most of this OLine has to be replaced. I do think they OLine played very well against you guys... but that’s wasn’t typical for us. OLine is actually probably our biggest weakness. I think we spend some picks and FA money on rebuilding our OLine this next offseason or 2.

31 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

I think we end up adding an entire new Left side of the OL this offseason and potentially competition at RT/Swing OT

I agree about the left side but Shell has been solid. He's young and improving. I think our right side is pretty set. The other three guys are serviceable for now. But all three need long-term solutions. 

3 hours ago, SDotNova said:

I agree about the left side but Shell has been solid. He's young and improving. I think our right side is pretty set. The other three guys are serviceable for now. But all three need long-term solutions. 

I don’t know Winters is a tricky guy. He’s playing ok this year. He played well his last contract year. He struggles with health and isn’t anything great when healthy. I’d rather just turn the page on him. But if the FA market is bad we really have no choice but to keep him. We don’t need cap space.

Archived