Week 5 Gameday thread

SBLIII

Just now, Forge said:

Serious question. If you were the Giants, likely having a top 5 pick, would you trade that pick for Derek Carr? Carrs contract is very reasonable, he's still on the younger side, this quarterback class doesn't appear to be crazy loaded right now, and Carr, even if he's an above average quarterback, is probably worth that type of selection but it would probably take something big to make sure you got him. 

Woah buddy! Slow down there. 

But knowing Gruden that’s possible lol

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

Woah buddy! Slow down there. 

But knowing Gruden that’s possible lol

This is my entire thought process on it. I mean, Gruden has a known history of falling in and out of love with quarterbacks, and Carr has been okay, but not great, and I don't know how they feel about his fit in the offense. Plus, if you were a HC (and let's be real, de facto GM / Personnel guy), you could seriously be loaded up with 2 top 5-7 picks in this draft (which is deep in pass rushers), another pick somewhere in the first this year from Chicago, plus two firsts next year to build your team the way you want it. Carr is easily tradeable contract wise. Yes, I think it's unlikely, but certainly something that could be interesting. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

This is my entire thought process on it. I mean, Gruden has a known history of falling in and out of love with quarterbacks, and Carr has been okay, but not great, and I don't know how they feel about his fit in the offense. Plus, if you were a HC (and let's be real, de facto GM / Personnel guy), you could seriously be loaded up with 2 top 5-7 picks in this draft (which is deep in pass rushers), another pick somewhere in the first this year from Chicago, plus two firsts next year to build your team the way you want it. Carr is easily tradeable contract wise. Yes, I think it's unlikely, but certainly something that could be interesting. 

I agree it’s a real possibility and that’s if the giants would really do that though.

1 minute ago, Gannon12 said:

I agree it’s a real possibility and that’s if the giants would really do that though.

If I were the giants, I'd give it real consideration. I suppose it depends on how they feel about the quarterback class, but there's something appealing about having a known quantity in Carr who can still be a QBotF even if he's never great. If they believe the rest of their team is legitimtaely good enough to contend, I think that they have to at least put that option on the table. 

Archived