Week 5: Cheeseheads vs Lions

Lionized

3 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Did the refs make Crosby mass 4 FGs and an extra point?

Disclosure: I'm working weekends and didn't get a chance to watch yet.

It’s just the typical thoughts of the Lions. They never truly play well it was all blunders by the other team or the Lions were “gifted” the game. 

Nevermind the fact that the Lions DBs played a pretty solid game causing a few coverage sacks (and two strip sacks), it was actually because Rodgers wasn’t willing to throw it to wide open receivers. 

Nevermind the fact that the lions put a clamp down on the GB offense towards the red zone for the entire first half, if it was because GB didn’t call the right plays. 

Etc etc etc the Lions are garbage and they’re shocked they lost to them etc etc etc

dont get me wrong I didn’t really think the lions would win before the game but the lions are capable of beating anyone out there, they just aren’t quite capable of being consistent with that level of play. 

2 hours ago, theuntouchable said:

It’s just the typical thoughts of the Lions. They never truly play well it was all blunders by the other team or the Lions were “gifted” the game. 

Nevermind the fact that the Lions DBs played a pretty solid game causing a few coverage sacks (and two strip sacks), it was actually because Rodgers wasn’t willing to throw it to wide open receivers. 

Nevermind the fact that the lions put a clamp down on the GB offense towards the red zone for the entire first half, if it was because GB didn’t call the right plays. 

Etc etc etc the Lions are garbage and they’re shocked they lost to them etc etc etc

dont get me wrong I didn’t really think the lions would win before the game but the lions are capable of beating anyone out there, they just aren’t quite capable of being consistent with that level of play. 

Honestly, after watching the highlights there seems to be at least some truth to that. We certainly can't go into a game expecting the other team to miss 4 FGs and an extra point, muff a punt on the 1 yard line, etc. That first half seemed to put us in a position where we were playing the clock more than we were playing the other team.

What was the big blown call by the refs some of their fans are complaining about?

It's early, but this draft class has been impressive. Kerryon and Hand are looking like long term fixtures and honestly, both have the talent to be stars at their positions. Moreso Kerryon, but Hand has always had the talent and now seems to be putting it all together. Ragnow has progressed every single week too. 

And Golladay is our best receiver. Which is impressive being we have MJ and Tate. And he still has room to grow. 

33 minutes ago, Nnivolcm said:

Honestly, after watching the highlights there seems to be at least some truth to that. We certainly can't go into a game expecting the other team to miss 4 FGs and an extra point, muff a punt on the 1 yard line, etc. That first half seemed to put us in a position where we were playing the clock more than we were playing the other team.

What was the big blown call by the refs some of their fans are complaining about?

Sure you can’t expect to have 4 missed field goals but at the same time the lions caused those fumbles (and almost had a third too) they weren’t by some crazy fluke that happened. Guys hustled and went after the ball in Rodgers hands. Did they play a great game? No but they weren’t gifted the win. They also very clearly took the foot of the pedal in the second half as well. 

The biggest complaint I’ve seen was the muffed punt.

The best win of the year any time you beat the Packers with A Rodgers who in the past have gotten so many calls to help them win knocking them down a peg feels great!

We beat New England and BRADY another face of the NFL now RODGERS ! FRICKING LOVE IT.

Great to get a win. Some good, some not good. 

The missed points are mistakes just like interceptions or fumbles. They make up part of the game. 

It was nice to see the Lions get a call to go their way against the Pack. We all know the Packers are beneficiaries of many calls in the past. 

With injuries piling up its good to have a BYE.

Archived