Anyone ever try to watch every game in a season?

BayRaider

I usually watch every Raider game and maybe 4-5 other games from the week that were close. However, I really wanna take up the challenge of trying to watch every game. With a full time job, watching every 3 hour game is nearly impossible because it'd be around 750 hours of footage. Just think 750 Game of Thrones Episodes in a 4 month period. Although NFL Game Pass and Sunday Ticket offer 30-45 Minute condensed versions. No commercials, ball is always in play. Not counting your own teams games, this brings you in at 125 hours. Still a huge time commitment but doable. If you watched an average of 5 hours every day off you had throughout the season, it would be accomplished. Anyone ever attempt this? It's always something ive wanted to do but get discouraged after learning who won/what the final score was.

Was thinking about making a thread with a review/grade on each game and each teams performance. Would anyone be interested in that? Although it'd be a huge time commitment and may have to waive the white flag at some point.

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Was thinking about making a thread with a review/grade on each game and each teams performance. Would anyone be interested in that? Although it'd be a huge time commitment and may have to waive the white flag at some point.

Doesn't NFL game pass have a condensed version of the game? Might want to consider that as an alternative.

As far as me - heck no. I got kids.

The condensed games on Gamepass made this possible. On the old app you could download condensed games and then watch them offline. 

I used to have over an hour on the train each way to work, so I got through most games during the week, either watching on a Sunday, or during the week when I was on my way to/from work.

Its not really a question of whether you can do it, it's more a question of whether you want to. Some of the games later in the season are almost unwatchable.

I don't suggest watching the condensed versions if your purpose is to review and grade each game. IMO, they leave out too much of the game and it takes away from the real feel experience. This is especially true for the games that are exciting from beginning to the end. I mean sure, they capture the highlights, but it often leaves you wondering things such as; how did they go 3 and out? Was it a missed call by the ref? Was it 3 dropped passes? Was is good defense or bad offense? etc. 

With game pass (or recorded games) you can watch each game in it's entirety in 90-120 minutes by setting your player to fast forward by 10 second intervals and skipping the excess bullcrap (i.e. commercials, announcers, interviews, unnecessary replays, etc). This might take longer than the condensed versions do but I found that it's a good compromise between saving time without taking away any of the genuine excitement.

I did this for 2 years as part of a "voluntary" project job for a group(website) - who shall remain unnamed because screw them now. Used to cap the games from the Sunday ticket & used this as a way to watch the games when traveling -which I do alot of & I do not fly - AT ALL. This ofcourse had it's limitations because some of the games were blacked out in my area so a friend of mine would cap those ones and then send them to me. This alone was a very time consuming task in itself. Thankfully, this was all made easier when I dropped DTV after my contract was up and have bought a sub for international game pass ever since.  

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I don't suggest watching the condensed versions if your purpose is to review and grade each game. IMO, they leave out too much of the game and it takes away from the real feel experience. This is especially true for the games that are exciting from beginning to the end. I mean sure, they capture the highlights, but it often leaves you wondering things such as; how did they go 3 and out? Was it a missed call by the ref? Was it 3 dropped passes? Was is good defense or bad offense? etc. 

That's not what the condensed versions are.  They are literally just every play without the time in between plays, without commercials, without timeouts.  I watched half the Bengals games that way last year and didn't miss a snap.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

That's not what the condensed versions are.  They are literally just every play without the time in between plays, without commercials, without timeouts.  I watched half the Bengals games that way last year and didn't miss a snap.

Then they either changed things or I'm just remembering it wrong. Admittedly, I haven't even attempted to watch any condensed version since after they first added it  years ago because it seemed like something was missing. Watching the game was never the same to me. I just went back and picked a random game (KC/9ers) and even skimming thru it I see that they still don't show alot of the replays or the refs calls. Things like this are important and takes away from the game itself without it. 

1 hour ago, Voraroux said:

Spoilers!! Jeez...  ??

But seriously how'd you break your tv? 

You didn't see it? It was all over youtube (yes I know that it's not the same

[removedrem

[video removed for explicit language - all embedded content must be PG]

Re

Archived