5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

• 2 months later...

Targets to running backs (Jones, Williams, Vitale)
Week 1-8: 65/77 (84%), 615 yards (9.5 YPA), 8 touchdowns
Week 9-17: 32/48 (67%), 209 yards (4.3 YPA) 0 touchdowns

Targets to MVS
Week 1-8: 39/22 (56%), 420 yards (19 yards per reception), 2 TD
Week 9-17: 17/4 (24%), 32 yards (8 yards per attempt), 0 TD
Note: He was targeted 7 times for 2 receptions in the last game of the season.  WTF constitutes a target?

Rodgers
Week 1-8: 185/283 (65%), 2324 yards (290.5 per), 16 TD, 2 INT
Week 9 - 17: 168/286 (59%), 1678 (209.8 per), 10 TD, 2 INT

Somebody explain this to me. 

@Packerraymond, is maybe the MVS issue more on Rodgers than LaFleur?  Is MVS in Aaron's doghouse or Matt's? 

16 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Targets to running backs (Jones, Williams, Vitale)
Week 1-8: 65/77 (84%), 615 yards (9.5 YPA), 8 touchdowns
Week 9-17: 32/48 (67%), 209 yards (4.3 YPA) 0 touchdowns

Targets to MVS
Week 1-8: 39/22 (56%), 420 yards (19 yards per reception), 2 TD
Week 9-17: 17/4 (24%), 32 yards (8 yards per attempt), 0 TD
Note: He was targeted 7 times for 2 receptions in the last game of the season.  WTF constitutes a target?

Rodgers
Week 1-8: 185/283 (65%), 2324 yards (290.5 per), 16 TD, 2 INT
Week 9 - 17: 168/286 (59%), 1678 (209.8 per), 10 TD, 2 INT

Somebody explain this to me. 

@Packerraymond, is maybe the MVS issue more on Rodgers than LaFleur?  Is MVS in Aaron's doghouse or Matt's? 

Brees syndrome, old dudes am falls off after 300 attempts?

Not saying that's what it is, but it sorta tracks.

Edited by AlexGreen#20

*First pass to MVS in week 17.  Defender was on him.  Looks like just a throwaway that wasn't Rodgers being a *****. 
*Second pass to MVS week 17, WTF?  MVS wide open on 3rd and 21.  Wouldn't have been a first down, but Rodgers throws it behind him for no Goddamn reason.
*Third attempt, 3rd and 7, unless MVS can grow his legs by 3 feet, Rodgers didn't give him a chance.
*(Not MVS), 1st and 10, overthrows Aaron Jones who beat his man bad.  How many times did this happen?)
*(Not MVS), 3rd and 7 (11:15 3rd quarter), Ervin wide open for a TD, Rodgers overthrows him.
*(Not MVS) 2nd quarter, 30 seconds left, Aaron Jones wide open again and Rodgers LOL CATCH THIS (terrible throw).  WTF?
*(Not MVS) 3rd quarter, 14:24, Lazard wide open.  Rodgers LOL NOPE, GROW 10 FEET. 
*MVS?  10:56 in the 4th quarter.  It's 2nd and 10.  This one went as a target to MVS, but I don't even know WTF Rodgers was doing.  It's only 2nd and 10.  There's no reason not to gain some yardage here, but nooooo.  I can't tell who it is, but whoever split out top of the screen was wide open.  Not even covered running over the middle.  We're down by 7 points.  That's 9 free yards.  If Rodgers can't see him, @Packerraymond, Rodgers seriously might have eye problems.  WTF  Instead, he throws a WTF uncatchable ball to MVS.  WHAT THE ****?  DON'T TELL ME WE NEED A YAC GUY WHEN RODGERS ISN'T MAKING THAT THROW.  I DON'T NEED TO KNOW AN NFL OFFENSE TO ASK WTF THERE.  I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT. 
*The very next play on what should have been 3rd and 1, he throws a "Let's see what happens," throw behind Tonyan with what looks like solid protection.  Jones might break open here, the throw is behind Tonyan...

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Brees syndrome, old dudes am falls off after 300 attempts?

Not saying that's what it is, but it sorta tracks.

And what helps with arms falling off after 300 attempts?

Passes to running backs.

What did Rodgers stop doing?

Passing to running backs. 

@Packerraymond, NFL Gamepass is FREE right now.

It is amazing unless you're trying to prevent yourself from seeing.

@Pugger, @Golfman, @TheOnlyThing, @coachbuns, @Leader,

All jokes aside, all meanness aside, all past disagreements aside...

NFL Gamepass is absolutely free until either May 31st or March 31st I can't remember which.  It is a fascinating tool for watching coaches film, NOT broadcast film.

To everyone I have gotten into an argument on about receivers, nobody being open, etc... I IMPLORE you to take advantage of this opportunity. 

If you're quarantined, self-isolating, social distancing... Everyone has time on their hands right now unless you're like me.  Please, even if you want to look for the good and not the bad, I implore you to take advantage of this. 

Go to gamepass.nfl.com

It is free to subscribe.  Unlike other free trials, you don't even need a credit card number or anything to sign up. 

You can look at any play from any game all the way back to 2009. 

NOW is the time to conduct counter arguments with visual evidence. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

*First pass to MVS in week 17.  Defender was on him.  Looks like just a throwaway that wasn't Rodgers being a *****. 
*Second pass to MVS week 17, WTF?  MVS wide open on 3rd and 21.  Wouldn't have been a first down, but Rodgers throws it behind him for no Goddamn reason.
*Third attempt, 3rd and 7, unless MVS can grow his legs by 3 feet, Rodgers didn't give him a chance.
*(Not MVS), 1st and 10, overthrows Aaron Jones who beat his man bad.  How many times did this happen?)
*(Not MVS), 3rd and 7 (11:15 3rd quarter), Ervin wide open for a TD, Rodgers overthrows him.
*(Not MVS) 2nd quarter, 30 seconds left, Aaron Jones wide open again and Rodgers LOL CATCH THIS (terrible throw).  WTF?
*(Not MVS) 3rd quarter, 14:24, Lazard wide open.  Rodgers LOL NOPE, GROW 10 FEET. 
*MVS?  10:56 in the 4th quarter.  It's 2nd and 10.  This one went as a target to MVS, but I don't even know WTF Rodgers was doing.  It's only 2nd and 10.  There's no reason not to gain some yardage here, but nooooo.  I can't tell who it is, but whoever split out top of the screen was wide open.  Not even covered running over the middle.  We're down by 7 points.  That's 9 free yards.  If Rodgers can't see him, @Packerraymond, Rodgers seriously might have eye problems.  WTF  Instead, he throws a WTF uncatchable ball to MVS.  WHAT THE ****?  DON'T TELL ME WE NEED A YAC GUY WHEN RODGERS ISN'T MAKING THAT THROW.  I DON'T NEED TO KNOW AN NFL OFFENSE TO ASK WTF THERE.  I CAN'T STOP WATCHING IT. 
*The very next play on what should have been 3rd and 1, he throws a "Let's see what happens," throw behind Tonyan with what looks like solid protection.  Jones might break open here, the throw is behind Tonyan...

I think I've already done these, but I'll go back and look.

1. Classic overthrown deep ball.

GG6ETC9.gif

2. This awful throw isn't about the first down. This ball is snapped on the 40 yard line. If this ball was decent, this is a 40ish yard field goal and points instead of a punt.

xyQRPnk.gif

3. There was nothing anybody could do here. MVS wasn't open. This ball got deflected. 

lkIpTtQ.gif

4. Terrible throw. Just flat missed him. Big gain if it gets completed.

gADNZSp.gif

5. Bad throw, but I'm not sure even a perfect throw makes this play. That safety probably jars that ball loose.

A7YKYm8.gif

6. Tough throw on the run, but a good QB makes it

OLtW5sT.gif

7. Terrible throw. Needed this one. 

6mksSRy.gif

8. Pretty sure this is a throw away. The more damning part of this one is Jimmy Graham being wide open vertically and him choosing to throw it away. 

ojnBl4D.gif

9. Bad throw. Bad ball location. 

vepSYM6.gif

Edited by AlexGreen#20