5th Down Depreciation Thread

MacReady

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Is AR or somebody else on paper saying thats how the play broke down? You dont have to provide a link or something (i.e. prove it to me) - just asking if thats been discussed by any of the players or coaches. Visually I couldnt see the "in between" player well enough to know who it was but it looks more like an AR miss.The deflection angle would make better sense though - simply cause I couldnt see what would cause AR to misfire so badly. Its not like he was getting tackled/sacked when he released the pass.

It's pretty clear that he's intending the pass to Adams.  If you mean that it's a Rodgers "miss" in that he doesn't find Adams in the progression and makes a bad decision and bad throw to Williams, I disagree.  If you mean that he makes a :miss" with a bad but probably completed throw to Adams and gets deflected by Williams, I agree.  You can see him find Adams, and the throw is so tall for Williams it's basically uncatchable.  Occam's Razor says it's probable that he didn't make 2 mistakes, just 1 mistake.

5t2Pv8d.gif

10 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was talking about Carson Wentz with that post.  So like the ninth time you're oblivious. 

It’s a stupid idea nevertheless. ??

Oblivious? Coming from the guy who thinks GOAT (or even serviceable) QBs grow on trees. Lmao.

@Outpost31

12 has clearly not played well enough.  But if you're frustrated with him now, wait until the next guy steps in.  We won't see just a bad half now and then.  He's still playing better than most QB's out there.

Like any team, we need to have another good draft or two and hit on a few mid level free agents to get back to a championship level team.  We need more MVs's out of the back end of some of these drafts.  

For the last 6 or 7 year, 12 made up for a lot.  Give him some time with the rookies and a defense capable of turning the ball over a few times and well be back to 12 wins next year.

4 minutes ago, malak1 said:

It’s a stupid idea nevertheless. ??

Oblivious? Coming from the guy who thinks GOAT (or even serviceable) QBs grow on trees. Lmao.

Could you seriously STFU?  I never said GOAT quarterbacks grow on trees.  At this point you're literally less than a troll, so quit quoting me.  Just stop.  I don't like talking to you, I don't want to talk to you, I don't care about your opinions and I don't want to read your opinions, especially when they have to do with me.

So either stop quoting me or prove that you're a troll.  One or the other.

23 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

It's pretty clear that he's intending the pass to Adams.  If you mean that it's a Rodgers "miss" in that he doesn't find Adams in the progression and makes a bad decision and bad throw to Williams, I disagree.  If you mean that he makes a :miss" with a bad but probably completed throw to Adams and gets deflected by Williams, I agree.  You can see him find Adams, and the throw is so tall for Williams it's basically uncatchable.  Occam's Razor says it's probable that he didn't make 2 mistakes, just 1 mistake.

5t2Pv8d.gif

There's no way Rodgers could not have seen Adams. They're both in his direct line of vision. The scheme is great. It puts one guy trying to cover two. Rodgers, I'm sure, is supposed to throw to the one not covered. I think he was going for Adams, but the pass is short. So short that Williams can reach up for it. Which is what he does, thinking it was a high throw to him. Rodgers never sets before he throws. He's bouncing up and down, and lets the ball go when both feet are pretty much off the ground. This is a fundamentals problem. He has a clean pocket. He needs to calm down, set his feet, and the throw goes to Adams for a TD. Maybe he's worried too much about his knee. IDK, but he's not himself.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Could you seriously STFU?  I never said GOAT quarterbacks grow on trees.  At this point you're literally less than a troll, so quit quoting me.  Just stop.  I don't like talking to you, I don't want to talk to you, I don't care about your opinions and I don't want to read your opinions, especially when they have to do with me.

So either stop quoting me or prove that you're a troll.  One or the other.

If you don’t want to read them, then don’t. Here’s my opinion: it’s stupid to want to get rid of, possibly, the greatest QB of all-time who, all things considered, is having a pretty good year. 

Prior to last season, some packer fans REALLY wanted to see the Brett Hundley experience. How well did that work out? 

Earlier you named of bunch of qb’s (Ben, Brady, Brees, et al.) and then asked if we think they’re Super Bowl favorites. Lol, most of those QBs are going to the hall of fame and have kept their respective teams afloat despite roster turnover, you know, like Rodgers does. So while they might not look like SB favorites right now, the main reason those teams are even contending is because of their stud QBs.....kind of like the Packers. I and when I say “kind of”, I mean EXACTLY like the Packers.  

Also, you do realize that in order to get a Goff, Mahomes, Wentz type of player as a rookie, your team needs to have sucked the year before to be in position to do so, right? And when they tank for a blue chip QB (who isn’t a sure thing anyway), you’d likely be complaining about that too. 

Just now, malak1 said:

If you don’t want to read them, then don’t.

No, you see, every time you quote me I get a notification.  I literally could not care less about your opinion.  I don't want to hear it.  Quit quoting me, or keep proving you're trolling me.  You literally bumped a week old post of mine the second Trubisky had a good game, and you followed me here.  I don't want to associate with you.  I don't want to get notifications from you.

Read the following sentences slowly:

I do not want to get notifications from you.  Stop quoting me.  I'm not telling you not to post.  That's your right on this site.  I am asking you to stop quoting me.  Don't @ me, don't quote me.  I do not want notifications from you. 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? 

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

@Cheech, the idea is that you go down in QB play, go up in every other area.  The way the NFL is now, I believe you can polish up a turd at QB with a better team around him.

The Jaguars with Bortles have a better shot at a Super Bowl this year.  That's my point.  

Russel Wilson won a super bowl your way, but that's not the only way. It seems there should be two ways to win a super bowl, one with a highly paid QB and a cheap squad; one with a cheap QB and a highly paid squad. Have you researched this aspect of super bowl winners? Maybe look at percent of salary cap taken by the QB for each winner in the modern era. I don't remember you posting this, but you might have. My 67 year old brain isn't what it used to be. 

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

No, you see, every time you quote me I get a notification.  I literally could not care less about your opinion.  I don't want to hear it.  Quit quoting me, or keep proving you're trolling me.  You literally bumped a week old post of mine the second Trubisky had a good game, and you followed me here.  I don't want to associate with you.  I don't want to get notifications from you.

Read the following sentences slowly:

I do not want to get notifications from you.  Stop quoting me.  I'm not telling you not to post.  That's your right on this site.  I am asking you to stop quoting me.  Don't @ me, don't quote me.  I do not want notifications from you. 

DO YOU UNDERSTAND? 

There is a setting to ignore the posters you want to ignore. I'm going to post how I want provided that I am within the rules. Simply pointing out your ridiculous takes IS NOT outside the rules. If it were, then most posters on this website should be banned. 

3 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Russel Wilson won a super bowl your way, but that's not the only way. It seems there should be two ways to win a super bowl, one with a highly paid QB and a cheap squad; one with a cheap QB and a highly paid squad. Have you researched this aspect of super bowl winners? Maybe look at percent of salary cap taken by the QB for each winner in the modern era. I don't remember you posting this, but you might have. My 67 year old brain isn't what it used to be. 

I have already gone through that and history is on my side.

No QB in the history of the game has won a Super Bowl while taking more than 13% of a team's cap space.

Only one has EVER done it at 13%, and that was Young, and the Niners literally cheated the salary cap and paid for it.

You'd think if both ways were equally viable, one QB one time at some point in the past 20 years would have broken that trend.

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I have already gone through that and history is on my side.

No QB in the history of the game has won a Super Bowl while taking more than 13% of a team's cap space.

Only one has EVER done it at 13%, and that was Young, and the Niners literally cheated the salary cap and paid for it.

You'd think if both ways were equally viable, one QB one time at some point in the past 20 years would have broken that trend.

This is a very interesting observation. One would think the metrics people in the NFL would figure this out. What's Rodgers' percent going forward?

1 minute ago, malak1 said:

There is a setting to ignore the posters you want to ignore. I'm going to post how I want provided that I am within the rules. Simply pointing out your ridiculous takes IS NOT outside the rules. If it were, then most posters on this website should be banned. 

Yeah, and I still get notifications.  You've been blocked for a while.  I'm still getting notifications from you.  Are you somehow getting pleasure in this?  Is that your thing?  Please quit quoting me.  It's literally easier to stop quoting me than it is to keep quoting me.  Just stop.  

@Packerraymond, @CWood21, can one of you ask webby if there's a way to stop getting notifications when somebody you've ignored quotes you?

Or is there a way?